Free LABS Uilleann Pipes

BTP

Made in collaboration with award-winning composer Hannah Peel, LABS Uilleann pipes features in her score for the National Theatre production of ‘Dancing at Lughnasa’. Also known as the Irish Bagpipe, Uilleann pipes utilise multiple drones, regulators and chanters to produce acres of sonic possibilities. Performed with traditional Celtic flourishes and ornamentations, this rarely sampled instrument provides an unconventional way to add texture and interest to contemporary music.

Run Spitfire Audio app to install.

Edited by BTP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Has anyone been able to install this? It seems like the samples are missing.

(The app also still reinstalls itself every time I run it and all the LABS libraries still need to be repaired after the first install.)

• Sad 2

Oh, I love Uilleann Pipes!! I already have Dicky Deegan's and Ilya Efimov's, and also the fairly decent set in the Kontakt Factory.

For the real thing, has anyone here been to the Transatlantic Sessions shows? They go on tour in the UK in February each year to seven or eight venues. Led by Shetland fiddler Aly Bain and Dobro-meister Jerry Douglas with the top drawer of Celtic musicians (Phil Cunningham, et al) and including guests from UK and USA (and further - they had Tommy Emmanuel a few years ago). Anyway - Mike McGoldrick is one of the band and he plays U-pipes.  These events are fabulous nights. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jerrydf said:

Oh, I love Uilleann Pipes!! I already have Dicky Deegan's and Ilya Efimov's, and also the fairly decent set in the Kontakt Factory.

For the real thing, has anyone here been to the Transatlantic Sessions shows? They go on tour in the UK in February each year to seven or eight venues. Led by Shetland fiddler Aly Bain and Dobro-meister Jerry Douglas with the top drawer of Celtic musicians (Phil Cunningham, et al) and including guests from UK and USA (and further - they had Tommy Emmanuel a few years ago). Anyway - Mike McGoldrick is one of the band and he plays U-pipes.  These events are fabulous nights. 

I'm a big fan of pipes of all kinds - I especially like bands featuring the Breton pipes! I've watched the Transatlantic Sessions on TV and also the live stream of it that they did from Celtic Connections. Great stuff - they recently repeated the early ones and I had forgotten how long they had been going for. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTP said:

Has anyone been able to install this? It seems like the samples are missing.

(The app also still reinstalls itself every time I run it and all the LABS libraries still need to be repaired after the first install.)

working fine here on windows ?

It did need the "install twice" dance that ALL the labs need but all the patches seem to play

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Davy Spillane is your man for Uilleann Pipes

That was beautiful.

For those like me wondering why he wasn't blowing into anything, the Uilleann Pipes are played with bellows between arm and waist.

The sound itself is pretty weird...

Edited by Paul P