UVI World Suite on sale - 40% off

Amicus717

I like it.   It has a new UI plus a lot of new instruments from PrecisionSounds.   At least the samples come from there.  I'm not sure which ones, but I'm guessing stuff like Bulgarian Tupans, Nordic Upright Piano, Finnish Concert Kantale, Indian Santur,  Hungarian Cymbalum,  Lyra, might be the ones.  

Most of the instruments have multiple articulations and sound pretty good.  It's very easy to find stuff because it's organized both by Region and types of instruments.
There's a consistent, easy to use UI, 

As one would expect for such a big library, the quality of the instruments varies a lot.   I really like the many accordions and string instruments.  It takes quite a bit of time to explore it as it is such a huge library. 

There are a lot of loops too, integrated into something they call the Travelers section, which allows you to combine different loops from various cultures, like Indian Traveler, Middle Eastern Traveler, African Traveler, etc.  

I see it as a way to explore the sounds of world music and maybe incorporate unusual sounds into all sorts of musical styles.   If there's something I start to play a lot, then I usually end up buying a dedicated library to get something more realistic.    

During Black Friday, I got EthnoWorld (instruments) for $150.   I would recommend it before World Suite.   But I'm happy to have World Suite too, because there are many instruments that WS has that EW doesn't have.   I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of WS and it's well worth the money I paid for it, which was a lot more than this. 

• Thanks 2