What is one unique music of a movie you really like?

Linn Doan

So my music is the theme of Harry Potter, since I was a little kid I was always enjoying watching the Harry Potter films and repeating them again and again. And this music always gives me goosebumps, every literal time I hear it it amazes me. That's perhaps because of two reasons: one it is very nostalgic to me two: it's a brilliant music. So what about you what is a music you really like from a movie/series?

Edited by Linn Doan
  • Like 1

Jerry Goldsmith's score for my favorite movie, L.A. Confidential, captures/enhances the mood so well. He taps into the collective pop culture memory of Dragnet with the tympani, strings and brass. I can't hear it without picturing Ed, Bud and Jack prowling the turn of the 50's. Bill Parker and the change from a small-town policing model to a high tech military model looms in the near future. Jerry was born and raised in Los Angeles and was in his 20's during the years depicted in the film. The ideal composer for the job:

• Like 4

This is a live performance of a song from the movie "200 Motels."

This is the version from 200 Motels with lyrics sung by Theodore Bickel, Flo and Eddie, the orchestra, and cast members.

"Strictly Genteel" from  the 40th anniversary edition of the Orchestral Favorites album/CD.

Another version performed live circa 1988. 

https://www.zappa-analysis.com/the-london-symphony-orchestra.htm#:~:text=2.4 Strictly genteel (1983)

Link to commentary/analysis of Strictly Genteel

Edited by User 905133
to add a link to some commentary/analysis; to add two more versions of the same song
  • Like 2

Ligeti's music in Eyes wide shut gives me chills and is used to perfection in the movie. Listen from 02:00 in the piece. 😲

I agree with you about Harry Potter, John Williams is a master of soundtracks to fantasy movies. Listen to the soundtrack to Hook (1991)!

• Like 2