VC & PX 64 - inserts or buss?

I have been using the VC 64 as an insert, not sure why - because there are several different components & a send would be the same amount for all of them, if that makes sense. I use the PX 64 in a buss however. Any suggestions on best use? thanks.

PS the "notify me of replies" check box never works, I have to remember to check the forum for responses.

Signal flow. In the Effects bin or Pro channel the processor is 100% in the signal path. The effect needs a mix control as part of it's design so you can blend in as much as needed. Things like compressors are normally 100% in the pathway. But say a chorus or reverb effect you would want only a certain amount of wet to dry in the mix. 

So for those, some times a send to a bus which is a parallel signal, works best.  There's no right or wrong but you need to always be aware of the signal path. 

Really depends on what you want to do. If you want to send a bunch of tracks to be processed the same, for example to level out a bunch of background vocals, then send them to a bus and put the effect on the bus.  If you only want the effect on one track then just insert it on that track. There really are not many hard rules, if it gets the effect you are after.