All UAD native plugins free if you’re quick (bad joke, I admit)

Fleer

Hey, Larry... In this one you laugh and in my NI Battery joke, it made you sad, I'm so sorry Larry... ... The next time I post a joke I will try to be funnier so that the owners of the kings owners of the forum will laugh 😂 😂 😂

Edited by JT music
  • Haha 2

To be honest, I’m actually rather uncertain about what to do with these UAD plug-in sales. They used to be really expensive and linked to hardware, but where are they going now? $29? $19? $9?

It’s pretty weird. And one of their head honchos has gone over to Apple. Strange days. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JT music said:

Hey, Larry... In this one you laugh and in my NI Battery joke, it made you sad, I'm so sorry Larry... ... The next time I post a joke I will try to be funnier so that the owners of the kings owners of the forum will laugh 😂 😂 😂

Sorry JT...but I didn't get a "charge" out of the "Battery" joke...9_9

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

To be honest, I’m actually rather uncertain about what to do with these UAD plug-in sales. They used to be really expensive and linked to hardware, but where are they going now? $29? $19? $9?

It’s pretty weird. And one of their head honchos has gone over to Apple. Strange days. 

I actually haven't picked a UAD plugin up yet. But I love seeing their plugin (now native -- at least the ones I've paid attention to)  prices come down so significantly, at least for sales. As we've all been noticing,  lot of the once very high priced plugin brands have become more accessible recently. I'm looking at you to join them, FabFilter!  (A couple of my friends who know A LOT MORE than I do about mixing and mastering are always telling me to buy FabFilter stuff, but considering the quality of my playing and audience of a handful of family and friends, I think I'm best off with a more modest spending limit). In the meantime, this month has been like Black Friday in May with big sales from NI, United Plugins, Plugin Alliance, etc. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

It's not weird. UAD's whole premise as a company was to compete against ProTools and its HD systems, much like SSL attempted and failed with their Duende system. Back when computers couldn't match the processing power of a well programmed FPGA. Once audio quality, processing and interfaces started catching up, UAD became the seller of expensive hardware tied to effects that had quality matched by others that didn't require a multi thousand dollar dongle or PCIe card. They know their plugins will not sell if they don't price them down. Plus they got their prior position of overpriced plugin seller tied to expensive hardware taken by Antelope.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

Sorry JT...but I didn't get a "charge" out of the "Battery" joke...9_9

Admit it Larry! That was a really good joke mine, you should have smiled and no got sad 😢... I also send greetings from Argentina, South America and thank you for your work of sharing so many offers every day, even if you don't like my jokes 👍

Seriously though, UAD hardware based Unison plugins with an Apollo interface is the way to go.

Recording a band, you want a Neve preamp for the guitar, API for the drums, Helios on the bass, Avalon, SSL or Manly on the vocals? Either printed to tracks or just monitored? No problem.

You monitor thru UAD's Console app (not the DAW). DAW runs at 2048 buffers but the Console APP is "latency free". It's a joy to work in.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 2