Plugin Alliance $20 Voucher, No Minimum Spend!

Patrick Wichrowski

1 hour ago, ralfrobert said:

One transfer for free. I sometimes buy licenses for pennies second hand, leave them in the account until these coupons arrive and unlock them then. 

Same here. Got another 10 to activate. Let’s hope this code gets renewed twice like in recent olden days. 

• Like 2

I noticed most of these plugins are rarely updated.  I assume they just work and stay that way.  They don't force you into a proprietary installer and authorization is easy.  Even getting one for free is just hoarding or one trying to be a plugin broker looking for someone naive.  I understand why developers charge for a transfer or NFR. 

I was contemplating Noveltech's Vocal Enhancer or Character. Both have been around for more than a decade and have good reviews -- from around a decade ago. I was wondering if anyone here owns it and has opinions on it. Thanks in advance. Here's a review of it from Sound on Sound: 

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/noveltech-character-vocal-enhancer-native

A "review" from an influencer: 
https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2013/2/16/noveltech-vocal-enhancer-video-review.html

Edited by PavlovsCat

47 minutes ago, ALC said:

I find this browser add-on incredibly useful during these sales: https://github.com/m36/PA_owned

Install, go to https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/manage-plugins.html first before going to https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html.

With this, I can easily see which plugins I own and which ones I don't.

608849148_ScreenShot2023-05-27at9_03_31AM.thumb.png.3ca516d7e806ea9decde197993b5f3a0.png

This is cool!  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

Okay, the other plugin on sales that has my attention, after watching the below video, is theAcme Opticom XLA-3 compressor. Any opinions on it?

The compressor sounds especially good on the electric bass in this mix. Granted, it adds a ton of color, but it sounds very good for a rock bass, IMO. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

I like XLA-3 okay for when I want a "grabby" character compressor – more for tone and vibe.

Vocal Enhancer and Character are kinda second tier okay – though I reach for VE often when I'm trying to get a scratch vocal sent out quickly – it's easy for them both to sound yuk and mid-range-y – but tweaked properly helps give the vocals presence and cut in a track quickly

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I noticed most of these plugins are rarely updated.  I assume they just work and stay that way.  They don't force you into a proprietary installer and authorization is easy.  Even getting one for free is just hoarding or one trying to be a plugin broker looking for someone naive.  I understand why developers charge for a transfer or NFR. 

As much as Plugin Alliance is certainly deserving of some criticism in regards to their product model (selling features from plugins as a brand new plugin you have to pay for), their installation process is the most painless one you'll find. You don't have to use their product manager if you don't want to. If you do, removing a plugin is a simple matter of going where it is installed and deleting it. No spring cleaning on leftovers, no annoying uninstallers that sometimes don't even work and so on.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Okay, the other plugin on sales that has my attention, after watching the below video, is theAcme Opticom XLA-3 compressor. Any opinions on it?

The compressor sounds especially good on the electric bass in this mix. Granted, it adds a ton of color, but it sounds very good for a rock bass, IMO. 

One of only a few PA plugins I demo'd and didn't purchase, but I've read good things about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lamia6 said:

Again always good to be quick with PA. Anyone else notice the under 20 selection got smaller today? Even usuals like G8 isn't in the selection.

Yep, plenty more choices last time. Still, some interesting ones for $5 (with voucher). 

1 hour ago, Lamia6 said:

Again always good to be quick with PA. Anyone else notice the under 20 selection got smaller today? Even usuals like G8 isn't in the selection.

Yep, I definitely noticed that as well. Unfiltered Audio ZIP and SpecOps were both in there to start with and now they're more expensive.

Anything free it always pays to be quick!

• Like 1

The people I watch on YouTube never mention any plugins from Plugin Alliance other than Metric AB.

Allot of the plugin names in Plugin Alliance have me scratching my head.

I'm just thinking maybe those plugins are only good for collectors of plugins rather than something to use on a daily basis?

A little help here.. What's Plugin Alliance known for in Plugins, other than the odd ball naming scheme?

Edit: They also appear outdated.

Edited by El Diablo

13 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

The people I watch on YouTube never mention any plugins from Plugin Alliance other than Metric AB.

I'm just thinking maybe those plugins are only good for collectors of plugins rather than something to use on a daily basis?

A little help here.. What's Plugin Alliance known for in Plugins, other than the odd ball naming scheme?

Plugin Alliance have a bunch of good plugins and generally hold their own well against the usual competition. Some of their plugins are really good, otherwise definitely more than capable in any mix. Light on CPU (mostly!), much better licensing than lots of others too.

Keep in mind with YouTube a lot of it is based off kickbacks and NFR licenses for a lot of content. For sure plenty aren't as well though and people will just use what they like, or what they know.

Kirchhoff sounds better to me than ProQ3, DSM V3 is very cool and more unique (although takes a little read/time to work it out), Elyssia Alpha is a very good mid/side transparent compressor and clipper. Lisa is an awesome dynamic mastering EQ. Their channel strips normally compete very well while some of their channel strips are amazing, the Lindell TE-100 is a really nice warm analogy vibe sounding EQ. There's a bunch more, these ones just came to mind right then, so these won't even be my favourites 🤣

I wouldn't base too much on YouTube, just try them out.  The majority of them are more then enough for daily use by pros and hobbyists alike. That said, I do see them reasonably often by pros on Youtube, so it just depends on who you watch.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I have a few of the PA plug-ins. I think they compare pretty well to others. Best thing to do is demo and seee if it’s something you will use. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

bx_oberhausen synth that i got free from Plugin Alliance

and most of the same plugins are sold in Plugin Boutique:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/manufacturers/222-Brainworx

Obs: "Plugin Alliance is a Soundwide company, together with Native Instruments, iZotope and Brainworx."

• Like 5