Plugin Boutique $29 or Less Sale

cclarry

29 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Do you have it? It's actually a collection.  I guess I;m not really into this month's freebie to consider that purchase. I'm still messing around with what to install in Komplete

Yep, but the best ones from Have Audio I have are Nordic Cello and Nordisk Kontrabass. 

16 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Yep, but the best ones from Have Audio I have are Nordic Cello and Nordisk Kontrabass. 

@Fleer I did a bunch of searches for YouTube videos of this library in the past, but most end up with results for Emergence Audio's Cello Textures. I was curious  how playable the patches are? Do you see it mainly as a really abstract library that one would use for cinematic scoring or might you imagine using it in a piece with acoustic piano? At 14 bucks, it's very tempting. Thanks for the insights. It seems that you already own most of the libraries and plugins that interest me! 

I'd stay away from anything by SoundSpot.  I haven't been able to determine if their site has been up since october 2022 and currently can't activate my Union synth that I got cheap a while back (activation server is unavailable).

Other unencouraging posts are to be found in various forums.

Don't know why Plugin Boutique can sell things from a company that apparently no longer exists.

Edited by Paul P
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Fleer I did a bunch of searches for YouTube videos of this library in the past, but most end up with results for Emergence Audio's Cello Textures. I was curious  how playable the patches are? Do you see it mainly as a really abstract library that one would use for cinematic scoring or might you imagine using it in a piece with acoustic piano? At 14 bucks, it's very tempting. Thanks for the insights. It seems that you already own most of the libraries and plugins that interest me! 

For cello playability (with piano) I would definitely prefer the Bohemian Cello from Virharmonic, Emotional Cello from Harmonic Subtones, or even Tina Guo from Cinesamples, although the latter admittedly is quite creative. 

• Thanks 1

Come on fellas.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/4-Synth/6465-Phosphor-3

Quite a unique emulation and full MPE support.

Also, Cello Textures is a pretty bad library, even for its kind. So is Sax Fury. I wanted to become a Have Audio fan really badly, but their cheaper products are more miss than hit. I hear very good things about the Nordisk Bass and Nordic Cello, however.

I can also confirm you cannot activate SoundSpot products. Steer clear.

• Like 1

SoundSpot Limited

Registered office address:

3 The Coach House
24 Station Road
Bristol   BS11 9TX

Company number: 09221507

Tel: +44 (0)1202 376 706

Email: info@soundspot.audio

PLEASE NOTE: We do not currently offer telephone support or email support through the details above. For customer enquiries or technical support queries, please use our support system which can be accessed via the home page on our site.

[if only it was accessible...]

On 5/27/2023 at 4:28 PM, Paul P said:

SoundSpot Limited

Registered office address:

3 The Coach House
24 Station Road
Bristol   BS11 9TX

Company number: 09221507

Tel: +44 (0)1202 376 706

Email: info@soundspot.audio

PLEASE NOTE: We do not currently offer telephone support or email support through the details above. For customer enquiries or technical support queries, please use our support system which can be accessed via the home page on our site.

[if only it was accessible...]

The registered office was changed to  Suite 4, Church Road, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol BS9 3EF on 28 July 2022.

On 16 May 2023 Companies House issued a notice in the London Gazette for the compulsory striking-off* of Soundspot Limited for failure to file accounts ( their accounts for to 30 Sep 2021 should have been filed by 30 Sep 2022).

Soundspot's last filed accounts to 30 Sep 2020 showed net assets of nearly £242,000. 

Soundspot Limited could still file their accounts to avoid the striking-off.  I just wouldn't be counting on any longer-term support for their products.

See here for more details: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09221507

* That means the company is struck-off the Registry of Companies and is automatically dissolved.

EDIT - I've sent Plugin Boutique a message advising them of the notice of compulsory striking-off.

Edited by Wibbles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, Wibbles said:

The registered office was changed to  Suite 4, Church Road, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol BS9 3EF on 28 July 2022.

On 16 May 2023 Companies House issued a notice in the London Gazette for the compulsory striking-off* of Soundspot Limited for failure to file accounts ( their accounts for to 30 Sep 2021 should have been filed by 30 Sep 2022).

Soundspot's last filed accounts to 30 Sep 2020 showed net assets of nearly £242,000. 

Soundspot Limited could still file their accounts to avoid the striking-off.  I just wouldn't be counting on any longer-term support for their products.

See here for more details: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09221507

* That means the company is struck-off the Registry of Companies and is automatically dissolved.

EDIT - I've sent Plugin Boutique a message advising them of the notice of compulsory striking-off.

Ah - interesting. I was always under the impression that Soundspot was Plugin Boutique's own development team. Good to know.

4 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Ah - interesting. I was always under the impression that Soundspot was Plugin Boutique's own development team. Good to know.

It was basically one or two people not connected with Plugin Boutique as far as I am aware.

The accounts say the company had two employees. The main man is/was Nathan Mark Hayman - although he isn't a director of the company.  The company's sole director and shareholder was Tina Suzannah Williams.  Hayman is a "person with significant control" of the company, so I guess that Williams wasn't involved in the day to day running of the company.  I couldn't find any previous insolvencies or Directors' Disqualification Orders against Hayman, so there was no technical reason why he couldn't be a director.

Hayman and Williams were both involved in a company called Peek Limited which was struck off the register and dissolved in December 2018 for non-filing of accounts/returns.

... yeah, I used to do this kind of thing for a living. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I just got a response from Plugin Boutique  after an exchange with them about the issue with SoundSpot :

"The trading of SoundSpot is currently changing over hands, so there is support for the product line although it is limited at present due to a lack of resources, hence why their website is no longer active."

The response then went on to ask me a bunch of questions about my system/brower/etc which have nothing to do with SoundSpot's activation server being down.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got this email from Plugin Boutique:

I hope you are well and many thanks for your continued patience regarding this issue.

I am pleased to inform you that we have now updated your SoundSpot software, and this should resolve the activation problem you have been experiencing.

You can download and install the software from within your Plugin Boutique account.

You can also follow this Installation Guide, which shows how to install and activate your software if needed.

I hope this helps and please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards, 

Thomas
Head of Customer Experience