What’s the best way to ask a question?

Jesse Jost

2 hours ago, Baiju.T said:

How to create ghost channel ?

The term “ghost channel” isn’t used in Cakewalk so you won’t find any reference to that in the documentation. However, I assume that you mean the possibility to see notes in MIDI tracks other than the one that is currently selected in the Piano Roll View (PRV).

If so, read up on working with multiple tracks in the Piano Roll View using the following link: https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=EditingMIDI.10.html

And you should actually have created your own thread instead of using this one.

Edited by Canopus

23 hours ago, Victor Casagrande said:

"Olá, 
estou tendo um problema com a página principal do programa, o" projeto básico "não aparecerá entre outras coisas."

Sem título.png

Google translation from Portuguese to English:  Hello, I'm having a problem with the program's main page, the "basic project" will not appear among other things. "

Please verify you have the project templates.  Cakewalk by BandLab project templates are stored inside the folder located at C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Core\Project Templates

Verifique se você possui os modelos de projeto. Os modelos de projeto do Cakewalk by BandLab são armazenados dentro da pasta localizada em 😄 \ Cakewalk Content \ Cakewalk Core \ Project Templates

You access project templates by creating a new project.  Você acessa modelos de projeto criando um novo projeto.

New Project is the top selection in the Start Screen.   Novo projeto é a seleção superior na tela inicial.

Clipboard17

Once the Start Screen is closed you create a new project by selecting "File" > "New ..."  Depois que a tela inicial é fechada, você cria um novo projeto, selecionando "Arquivo"> "Novo ..."

You may find the screen shots below helpful.   Você pode achar a captura de tela abaixo útil.

Clipboard16

Clipboard15

If you are missing one or more of the project templates you can download all of them at the link below:

Se estiver faltando um ou mais dos modelos de projeto, você poderá fazer o download de todos eles no link abaixo:

Cakewalk Project Templates.zip

Edited by Jim Fogle
Added more instructions.

• 9 months later...

Hi, Having a bit of trouble here. I've installed cakewalk, everything seems to work fine with the exception of the Now time line and transport indicators. Here's what I mean. When I click play or record, the now time marker (and transport display) count off a few seconds (usually 7 or so) then both the now marker and transport time counters stop, however it continues to record (or play), and all other indications seem to be fine. Channel strips show level movement. Once the transport is stopped, the mark and transport display go back to 0:00:00. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled cakewalk, to no avail.

If someone has the same issue and found a fix please let me know.

Thanks

Pete 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am not sure where to post this question... but it’s about editing within the program.   The Wav files that I have don't stop at the end of the song, but keep on going.  How would I find an answer to that question as to how to put in some sort of stop function that can apply to all of tracks.  Is there a global option?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Em 3/07/2020 às 22h56, Peter Rooney disse:

Oi, estou tendo um pouco de problemas aqui. Instalei cakewalk, tudo parece funcionar bem com exceção da linha do tempo agora e indicadores de transporte. Eis o que quero dizer. Quando eu clico em reproduzir ou gravar, o marcador de tempo agora (e o display de transporte) contam alguns segundos (geralmente 7 ou mais) então tanto o marcador quanto os contadores de tempo de transporte param, porém ele continua a gravar (ou jogar), e todas as outras indicações parecem estar bem. As tiras do canal mostram movimento de nível. Uma vez que o transporte é interrompido, a marca e a exibição de transporte voltam para 0:00:00.

Eu desinstalei e reinstalei cakewalk, sem sucesso.

Se alguém tem o mesmo problema e encontrou uma correção, por favor, me avise.

Obrigado

Pete 

Olá Pete, como você está? Estou tendo o mesmo problema, coloquei para gravar ou colocá-lo para tocar a mão que marca o tempo marca 2 ou 3 vezes e para a gravação continuar ou o que está tocando continua, mas o ponteiro é parado. Outro problema que eu estou tendo é com a gravação via "midi" eu posso gravar uma parte inteira do piano midi quando eu colocá-lo para tocar Cakewalk ele toca tudo em uma batida como se fosse um acorde e pára. Você já passou por isso, não tenho ideia de como resolvê-lo.

Obrigado.

Can’t believe that the moderators didn’t move all these questions to the proper forum?
 There’s actually no real info on “how to ask a question “ other than first post.  It actually would have been great to place answers to the op here. Like where you should look first before asking a question etc  

I can think of lots of useful information that could have been here. 
And one of those answers would have been to not reply to questions placed in the wrong sub forum so the moderator can move it 😬

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 7:26 PM, Walter Bruhn said:

cannot find a box to populate my question.... I need a solution to add metronome and have it sync to a newly imported mp3 song file... simple,, should be.

Hello @Walter Bruhn.  Welcome to the forum and to Cakewalk by Bandlab or CbB for short!

The best place to ask questions about CbB is Cakewalk by BandlabHere is a video that explains how to match the timeline to audio.  Here is a tutorial about how to record the metronome to create a click track that will match your audio.

• 4 months later...
47 minutes ago, Duncan Cramer said:

I'm trying to create a cakewalk account, but the site says: "New Cakewalk account creation is currently disabled"

When will I be able to create an account so I can download some software?

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021666254-I-used-Cakewalk-a-long-time-ago-but-now-Cakewalk-com-says-account-creation-is-disabled-

• 1 year later...

Annoying install procedure. I install it, then it goes into a fit because it needs online registration (done, completed), then it have already started a new install in the background (cakewalk is already installed on computer), pushing out messages I need to activate, connect, etc. all over again. It's really annoying and must be addressed by the people dealing with the installation process code. Something is clearly wrong about how it's done atm. I am as confused as one can be, also it filled my harddrive with lots of .wav files I did not want, even though I specifically did the advanced installation and made a new folder on a second harddrive. Thanks for filling up my already almost maxed out C: drive.

24 minutes ago, zero.the.hero said:

Annoying install procedure. I install it, then it goes into a fit because it needs online registration (done, completed), then it have already started a new install in the background (cakewalk is already installed on computer), pushing out messages I need to activate, connect, etc. all over again. It's really annoying and must be addressed by the people dealing with the installation process code. Something is clearly wrong about how it's done atm. I am as confused as one can be, also it filled my harddrive with lots of .wav files I did not want, even though I specifically did the advanced installation and made a new folder on a second harddrive. Thanks for filling up my already almost maxed out 😄 drive.

Start a new thread in the main forum rather than this FAQ section: https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/2-cakewalk-by-bandlab/

Then provide as much information as you can as to what you've done so far. As it is, we're not even sure what product you're talking about or how you're trying to install things. What you're describing isn't typical.

Also, the title of this thread is “What’s the best way to ask a question?”. As a general rule, I would say “Nicely”. Grumpy posts are often totally ignored by those who might otherwise give the best answers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Andrew S Duffell said:

Hi I dont seem to be able to download sonar 3 to my windows 11 pc can you help?

thanks 

The short answer is you can't - this software is nearly 20 years old now and I don't believe it was ever offered a download from any of the currently supported servers.

Ask this question again in the main forum and you'll likely get some more answers:

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/2-cakewalk-by-bandlab/

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I also feel quite lost with my issue and i cannot sort out the best place to ask for help here so I try it here now. Sometimes when im using bandlab studios, sometimes a white column with an arrow pops up whenever I go to that area with my mouse. How do i get rid of it? Many many thanks in advance... very frustrating...grafik.thumb.png.700189ed95f41d68c0c24bb8b998dec9.png