What’s the best way to ask a question?

Jesse Jost

On 12/21/2018 at 7:59 PM, valentine said:

Not sure where to ask this... did BandLab inherit the other Cakewalk applications- in particular Z3TA+ 2 and Rapture Pro? If so will they be modernised and re-released?

All Cakewalk technology assets were acquired, including the instruments. Can't provide specifics at this time, but we haven't forgotten about instruments and effects. ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Will old forum member post counts be transferred from the old forum to this forum once the old forum is locked and read only?  Presently my total post count in the old forum is 457.  Although the post number is small in comparison with some members I would like to retain the number.

Also, will the date a member joined the old forum be publicly available and associated with a member's posts in this forum?

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/25/2019 at 1:38 PM, xiaopinghe said:

It is suggested that the development team learn from a function of CUBASE, chord track

I believe this quote is suggesting the addition of a chord track in Cakewalk by BandLab similar to the chord track feature in Cubase.   I'm not familiar with the Cubase chord chart feature so Ask-Audio defines the feature here, https://ask.audio/articles/cubase-7-tips-for-using-the-chord-track as: 

The Chord Track in Cubase 7 is a powerful new feature that can help everyone from beginners to more experienced players to create more advanced and professional sounding music.

Simply stated, chord chart is a feature that uses the chord progressions inside a song project as a guide for MIDI content to follow.  The feature was introduced in Cubase 7 and expanded in Cubase 8.  The link above gives several tips concerning how best to use the Cubase 7 chord track feature.

On 3/25/2019 at 1:50 PM, xiaopinghe said:

MIDI轨道建议添加全频道,目前1-16轨道,因此会出现控制器可能出现在两个频道中的问题,这似乎相对困难。查看截图。

GO@_FS7(882AY5~3O5]WJ`3.png

B61HDPDVH{K%`~XR_S}G@ST.png

Google Translate  states the above means:

The MIDI track is recommended to add full channel, currently 1-16 tracks, so there will be problems with the controller that may appear in both channels, which seems relatively difficult.  View the screenshots.

I don't understand the translation enough to hazard a guess at the meaning behind the message.

• 4 months later...

Hi Does Bandlab provide telephone support for Cakewalk like old times. Even posting a question in Forum its sometimes hard to get solution. there were instances where the Cakewalk support staff would share screen and solve the problem. can that be done thru bandlab

Thanks

George

@gbc410

George,

Welcome to the Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) forum!

BandLab offers user and developer support through the forum and developer support through e-mail.   I have not seen any indication that telephone support is available. 

I can attest that I've received a timely response when I've used both the forum and e-mail.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I have a problem with very old (1995) wrk files. I have an archive of mine with a set of wrk files I made for the stage musics of a theater show. Now I need to read them again. I was very happy to find, download and install Cakewalk by Bandlab. It works very fine with all my old wrk files, safe one. Needless to say that, following Murphy, the one I can't read is the one I most need.

Now, with the aid of notepad++ I was able to compare working files content with the not working one and I a'm pretty sure that it is not a matter of file corruption. I guess that some peculiar feature of that files (i remembered that I mixed MIDI tracks and audio tracks) it is now no more working.

Has someone some idea ? I wasn't able to find the e-mail address for developer support, mentioned by @Jim Fogle. May be I could ask some hint to them.

I would also be very happy to get detailed wrk file format specification. I could try to hack my file separating tracks or similar (unfortunately I didn't save at the time the MIDI tracsk separately but I did with the audio elements).

Many thanks

Try the following:

1. Create a new project in Cakewalk
  2. On the Media browser, change the filter to "Projects"
  3. Navigate to your .wrk file using the Media browser
  4.  Drag the. .wrk on to the clips area

projectmediabrowser.gif

I've found this to be the most reliable way of importing old projects.

On 9/7/2019 at 10:33 AM, marco panizza said:

thank you for the hint, but the result is still the same:

image.png.b508f9de767e1508be90b07cae8f5606.png

nevertheless I'm pretty sure it isn't a matter of file corruption and ny hope is to find at least one of the following:

• wrk file format specifications
  • e-mail address of the developers support

Many theanks

@marco panizza, I'm sorry you're experiencing trouble with a *wrk file.  As a user the same as you I do not have access to the wrk file format specification or an e-mail address for developers support.  However, I can provide you with a link to request support.  I've used this link multiple times and can testify I have received a response each time.  The support link is below and in my signature line.

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000025633

Not sure what can be seen in a text editor that would give a high confidence the file isn't corrupted  beyond that the sectors on the disk are readable, but I would guess that there is some irregularity in the file structure. A few things to try:

1. Hold Shift when opening the file to open in SAFE mode.

2. Scan your Projects folder using Utilities > CWAF Tool  (Cakewalk Audio Finder), and see if it can read the file well enough to find the audio.

3. Get Cakewalk 3.x Pro re-installed on an old machine or in an emulator on your current machine  (not sure what's available), and try it there.

If the file is actually corrupted in some way, option 3 is not likely to work, either, but might be worth a try.  I actually have a 386 out in the garage that has some old versions of Cakewalk on it, and I might even have the install files for Cakewalk 3.x Pro on a hard drive somewhere.