Jump to content
Freyja Grimaude-Valens

Need help finding a Dim Pro patch

Recommended Posts

So trhere was this song that I mastered back in 2012 when I was just starting out to produce songs. At the time, I had Sonar X1 Studio and did not have the luxury of ProChannel plugins. In any case, there was this Dimension Pro patch that I remembered using that was layered on top of the Pianos and it had a pretty nice effect. Unfortunately, due to having no audio interface at the time, I was forced to use onboard audio and rendered everything out before disconnecting and removing the synths to save on RAM and CPU. (I didn't know what freezing synths did at the time) So I ended up losing all of the synth and patch data that I used for that particular song. You can hear it at play whenever the Piano was playing, but for those who want quick examples, it comes in most clearly at the beginning, 1:58 and 3:09. I have spent countless hours looking for it, so any help would be nice.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean that sort of Wah Wah sound?  If so, I will take a listen and see if I can locate it for you within the Dim Pro sounds.  If that is not the one you are looking for, please let me know, so I don't invest a bunch of time into looking for the wrong sound.  :)

Bob Bone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't forget - I spent some time yesterday, and have not yet found it yet, but will look some more tonight and if needed, tomorrow.

Bob Bone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 7:07 AM, LadyFuzztail said:

So trhere was this song that I mastered back in 2012 when I was just starting out to produce songs. At the time, I had Sonar X1 Studio and did not have the luxury of ProChannel plugins. In any case, there was this Dimension Pro patch that I remembered using that was layered on top of the Pianos and it had a pretty nice effect. Unfortunately, due to having no audio interface at the time, I was forced to use onboard audio and rendered everything out before disconnecting and removing the synths to save on RAM and CPU. (I didn't know what freezing synths did at the time) So I ended up losing all of the synth and patch data that I used for that particular song. You can hear it at play whenever the Piano was playing, but for those who want quick examples, it comes in most clearly at the beginning, 1:58 and 3:09. I have spent countless hours looking for it, so any help would be nice.
 

There is a lot going on in that track. It is difficult to discern what sound you are looking for at the times described.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I concur, ABACAB - that was why I took a stab at asking if it was that sort of wah wah sound that seemed layered with the discernible piano chords I seemed to be hearing at those specified times.  Without confirmation from the OP, I am not sure how much time and effort I will put in on the task of helping to locate a MAYBE sound.  Hopefully, the OP will confirm or further explain the target sound.  I am certainly happy to help, but without additional engagement from the OP on nailing down which sound is the target of the search, well.....I am following this post, so if the OP responds again, I will see it and hopefully be able to better assist.

Bob Bone

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Closest I have found so far is in Section 17 Layers "DX & B3 Organ mw.prog"  about 8 patches down from the top and also the two patches following that one.

I am assuming that the "wah" was automated within the patch rather than achieved using the mod wheel (such as in section 18 Splits "Pad and Comp wah") .

Edited by ZincT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LadyFuzztail said:

Yeah, it is the synthy wah-wah like sound.

How about under Section 22, Sub-Section "Simulations", patch  "Funk Wah Strat"? 

Not a synth I know but it sounds similar to my ears.

Edited by ZincT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's late, but I finally tried the patches you suggested and it didn't really work out. Now that I have a better understanding of sound design. It seems to be some sort of arpeggiated synth sequence with a filter sweep on an LFO. What makes this patch unique is that it seems to react to this riff here

image.thumb.png.85119e08067bbe7bb5d76a4a58309e21.png

In a way where a ghost pattern lasting several bars emerged, with a seeming high pitch spike manifesting every 4 bars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 1:34 AM, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

I know it's late, but I finally tried the patches you suggested and it didn't really work out. Now that I have a better understanding of sound design. It seems to be some sort of arpeggiated synth sequence with a filter sweep on an LFO. What makes this patch unique is that it seems to react to this riff here

image.thumb.png.85119e08067bbe7bb5d76a4a58309e21.png

In a way where a ghost pattern lasting several bars emerged, with a seeming high pitch spike manifesting every 4 bars.

I concur on the filter sweep.  I use a similar sound very subtly underneath everything else, in a Genesis cover version of Misunderstanding.  It is not on Dim Pro though.  I too am looking through my Dim Pro sounds, to see if I can find something that might work for you.

Bob Bone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I may have found a close match, it's a patch from the DSF Classic Keys, under Atmospheres called Synth Jumper. I also went ahead and made custom versions with more modulations on the Jupiter 8 layer, and with an extra Grand Piano layer added. It should work, provided you own the DSF Classic Keys expansion.

UB - Manibrandr Presets.zip

Edited by Freyja Grimaude-Valens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Bob's puttin in work! 

Seems fair to me, to try to help out - I too have asked folks to identify a patch for certain sounds - the gear the band or artist was using didn't seem capable of producing a sound I was clearly hearing being played.  I often try to precisely match the sounds - and instruments used to produce them, when covering songs - like from Genesis or Pink Floyd .  Since I too am asking folks to help me research sounds - it seems a completely reasonable thing to help others with that same task.

Bob Bone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

I think I may have found a close match, it's a patch from the DSF Classic Keys, under Atmospheres called Synth Jumper. I also went ahead and made custom versions with more modulations on the Jupiter 8 layer, and with an extra Grand Piano layer added. It should work, provided you own the DSF Classic Keys expansion.

UB - Manibrandr Presets.zip 20.47 kB · 1 download

I do not seem to own that expansion pack - which is odd, because I have loads of them.  I actually do not have Dim Pro installed, because I have Rapture Pro, and that plays all the Dim Pro sounds, in addition to any Rapture Pro sounds.

I tried to load the two customized patches you posted above, but they do not seem to play in Rapture Pro, on my system.

Bob Bone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robert Bone said:

I do not seem to own that expansion pack - which is odd, because I have loads of them.  I actually do not have Dim Pro installed, because I have Rapture Pro, and that plays all the Dim Pro sounds, in addition to any Rapture Pro sounds.

I tried to load the two customized patches you posted above, but they do not seem to play in Rapture Pro, on my system.

Bob Bone

It appears to be Dimension V02 from DSK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

It appears to be Dimension V02 from DSK.

Huh???  Wow - the original post did specifically mention Dim Pro - wow.  Well, that explains a lot, I suppose, and is pretty funny, actually.  :)

Bob Bone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...