THE MUG ( The best mother in the world )

Supa Reels

5 hours ago, daryl1968 said:

Beautiful mate.  

5 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

As John said a moving track - well recorded, vocals are great and mix sounds really good

Cheers

Nigel

Thank you guys I am knocked out  ... you write such great songs and  lyrics and I'm humbled that you commented .. thanks loads 👊

Steve ( SRM )

14 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Warm and quaint.  Very moving.

🙂John B

I've not heard that expression for a  l o n g time, thankyou  John. JFTR it was a poem I had written many years ago after my mother passed .. always wanted to do a tune but never seem to get it 'on spot' ... glad you got it .... thankyou 🤝

Steve ( SRM ) 

From the atmospheric piano at the beginning to the end, this was a joyride!  As usual, your lyrics evoke images in my mind, and I feel like I know this person.  Your reverb is very nice and makes your voice sound very spacious.  Well done, mate!  Can't wait for the next song :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

From the atmospheric piano at the beginning to the end, this was a joyride!  As usual, your lyrics evoke images in my mind, and I feel like I know this person.  Your reverb is very nice and makes your voice sound very spacious.  Well done, mate!  Can't wait for the next song :)

Hi Lynn, Just wondered if you were gonna give me grief for having a low vocal track .... guess this time I got it right LOL 😉

All the best

Steve

3 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Steve

Love the stories you weave in that wistful nostalgic style you do. Really nice accompaniment going on in the background which adds so much to the vocal.  Is that you in the photo?
-Bjorn

Thankyou for listening Bjorn and the comments ... This one took such a long time to get right and I'm still not sure, but you got to leave things when the inspiration has gone .. so I posted it to see what my piers said 9_9

...And no it's not me it's a shot of my grandson when he was three, We have seven grand-kids and he is still my favorite ( though I shouldn't say 😉 )  

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks mate .. praise indeed, I wrote the words with the two mothers in mind  ... and like all Mums they get overlooked through life ..but still keep giving. The two Mums are my own, now sadly not here, and my wife ... but I guess it could describe most good mothers ...

Thankyou for the comments Lynn, when considering your work, it means a lot

ATB

Steve

On 6/20/2023 at 5:31 AM, Larry T. said:

Excellent. The lyrics are great, as are vox and the production you used....tasteful flourishes of beauty....the instrumental section works....really nice🎶🎶🎶🎶

Thanks for your great comments Larry 

Steve

22 minutes ago, FreeEarCandy said:

Really nice Steve. Moving narrative. Lovely keys and guitar. If your looking for critique about the mix I would only mention the sibilance in the vocals. Everything else sounds real good on my end, Steve. Sweet tune! -Dean 

Very true Dean, and I let it go regarding EQ thinking I'd get away with it... but I wasn't counting on your ears 🤔 .. should I put this up for Spot I will correct it .. thankyou for the observation and comments it means a lot 👊

All the best

Steve

• Like 1