Massenburg DesignWorks MDWDRC2

cclarry

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

You'd think a 400 queso plugin would say least have some money invested in a more presentable user interface...

Some other issues too.  Importing presets, at least in Pro Tools, is kinda bizarre.  You option click within the plug in in the loss/gain section and load from there.  I just saved each one of these as a PT preset, but it appears that at least 2 of the presets are exactly the same.  And there’s only like 8 total.  

For, basically, a compressor/limiter (“dynamic range controller” is their terminology) you have to read a manual to understand, presets would likely be really helpful in understanding it.  

The automation parameters are also labelled differently, and it’s confusing.  

You can resize 100%, 125%, or 150%, but just those 3.  

I could go into it more, but I’m sure there are plenty of youtubes by now.  

Pros:  sound, versatility - both pretty exceptional 

Cons:  Cost, high learning curve, iLok (no cloud, no computer auth), others listed above.  

My suggestion- wait and hope for a black friday sale, maybe a bundle if you don’t have the EQ by now.  

Usually plugins that aren't pretty just seem to work.

If one actually pays that price despite the numerous under $29 plugin market which that average listener could not detect a quality plugin from a free one, the user would says it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

9 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Usually plugins that aren't pretty just seem to work.

If one actually pays that price despite the numerous under $29 plugin market which that average listener could not detect a quality plugin from a free one, the user would says it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Or you could just use the Sonitus plugins, which look better than this and cost you nothing.

• Great Idea 1