"Sign"-Original

Johnbee58

Fantastic song, John!  The arrangement is very sophisticated, and your vocal was right there on the money.  Yes, your bass track is way cool, though I wonder if some of your lines could be an octave lower for great frequency range.  It might ruin the vibe, but I'm just curious.  Anyway, chalk another hit up.

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2023 at 6:49 PM, jack c. said:

nicely done.jack c

@jack c.Thanks so much, Jack.

🙂

14 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Good track, enjoyed it - i thought the bass was excellent - could do with bringing up a bit i thought, apart from that, mix good

cool

Nigel

@Bajan BlueThank you, Nigel.

😀John B

7 hours ago, KSband said:

Cool track John.

@KSbandThank you KSB

😀

6 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

There is that, exorcising some pain here John?
The flute is very good, is the verb on that native to the VSTi?
Good bass lines, as usual John; 👍's.

t

@DeeringAmpsHypothetical pain.  I like writing songs like that. 😉

Verb on flute is actually from the Reason Rack plugin.  Their stock half rack reverb

Thanks, Tommy.😀

24 minutes ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Fantastic song, John!  The arrangement is very sophisticated, and your vocal was right there on the money.  Yes, your bass track is way cool, though I wonder if some of your lines could be an octave lower for great frequency range.  It might ruin the vibe, but I'm just curious.  Anyway, chalk another hit up.

@Lynn WilsonThanks for your kind words, Lynn.  You're always so encouraging.

Also thanks @mark skinner for checking this out.

Thanks all!

😀John B

Almost sounds like part of an Andrew Lloyd Webber story. There's a lot going on in this work and having listened to your stuff over the years you have achieved a near perfect vibe for that work.

I think the flute plus verb sounds great ... Me wants it !

Thanks for the post John and well done

Take care

Steve ( SRM )

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2023 at 1:50 AM, bjornpdx said:

Hi John, I don't think I'll ever warm up to the genre you do but I certainly respect the musicianship and esp your lyric writing ability.  

Love that flute!
-Bjorn

@bjornpdxThanks! I appreciate your listening and feedback.

😀John B

On 5/28/2023 at 5:31 AM, Supa Reels said:

Almost sounds like part of an Andrew Lloyd Webber story. There's a lot going on in this work and having listened to your stuff over the years you have achieved a near perfect vibe for that work.

I think the flute plus verb sounds great ... Me wants it !

Thanks for the post John and well done

Take care

Steve ( SRM )

@Supa ReelsThanks so much, Steve!

🙂John B

On 5/28/2023 at 8:34 AM, whoisp said:

Beautifully written, this is a song for woman with a big range.  Adele did this it be number one  

@whoispThank you for your feedback.  I appreciate it.

😀John B

On 5/29/2023 at 2:44 PM, Makke said:

Sounds great. Well done pop-song. 

@MakkeThank you so much, Makke!

😀John B

Nice track John, strong songwriting, and musicianship. Vocals are good, only thing you might consider is they seem like they could sit in the mix better. Kind of loud and on top of things, which is no doubt crowding your headroom and preventing the instrumental mix from being brought up more.  Overall, great job!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ross Smithe said:

Nice track John, strong songwriting, and musicianship. Vocals are good, only thing you might consider is they seem like they could sit in the mix better. Kind of loud and on top of things, which is no doubt crowding your headroom and preventing the instrumental mix from being brought up more.  Overall, great job!

Thanks, Ross.  I agree with you on the vox level.

🙂John B

The arrangement is strong and the tones you've got for the bass and drums work nicely together. But the lyrics are stealing the show.

I would also add to a slight lowering of the lead vocal volume, and maybe just a bit more reverb on them, they really are on top of the mix.

Your cool tune reminds me that it's better to be creative than to slavishly adhere to the rules. Nice one!

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 9:07 AM, Ross Smithe said:

@Ross SmitheThanks, Ross for listening and your feedback.  I took your's and Phonobrainer's advise and lowered the lead vox track a bit.  Take a re listen if you can.

😀John B

14 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

The arrangement is strong and the tones you've got for the bass and drums work nicely together. But the lyrics are stealing the show.

I would also add to a slight lowering of the lead vocal volume, and maybe just a bit more reverb on them, they really are on top of the mix.

Your cool tune reminds me that it's better to be creative than to slavishly adhere to the rules. Nice one!

cheers,

-Tom

@PhonoBrainerThanks for listening and your feedback, Tom.  As I told Ross, I did a remix to lower the lead vocals a bit as per your suggestions.  Please have another listen if you have time.

😀John B

Great music there. Your vox are a bit more restrained for this one which does give it a bit more accessibility. Your songs are full of great turns and ideas. It's a bit long for me and the words are truly sad but, they describe emotions most all of us have experienced in one form or another🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2023 at 1:08 AM, Larry T. said:

Great music there. Your vox are a bit more restrained for this one which does give it a bit more accessibility. Your songs are full of great turns and ideas. It's a bit long for me and the words are truly sad but, they describe emotions most all of us have experienced in one form or another🎶🎶🎶🎶

@Larry T.Thanks for listening and your feedback, Larry!

😀John B

On 6/7/2023 at 5:52 PM, markno999 said:

Very solid pop song, sounds to me like a little of Bread meets Steely Dan.   Very cool arrangement and instrumentation.

Regards

@markno999Bread meets Steely Dan.  That would be an interesting combination. 

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

😀John B