Kontakt 7 and Upgrade 50% Off

cclarry

10 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

No serial yet for Izotope 10.  Emailed both companies. 

There is no serial for Izotope 10,  you receive it in Native Access  after your purchase from NI.  Open Native Access and look under New on the left side.

Edited by jesse g

20 minutes ago, jesse g said:

There is not serial for Izotope 10,  you receive it in Native Access  after your purchase from NI.  Open Native Access and look under New on the left side.

Unfortunately it will not work in Native Access 1.   Native Access 3 will not work on one of my systems.  If you google it there are some big issues with it.  But I'm sure it needs a serial number.  Google that as well.  When bundles have different developers it's more chaotic if there if theu don't follow their own authorization.  It is not Ozone NI edition.  It's odd that Native Access would authorize an Izotope product.   Yet there seems to be an increase in stupidty in the software world.  Also Izotope porducts can be iLok versions.  So I need the serial number dammit.  

• Like 1

Kitekrazy,

Did you purchase a NI update of what you already had,  which in turn gave you Ozone 10?  That is what I did and I received my Ozone 10 as a download in Native Access,  No codes or serials needed.

Or, did you just purchase Ozone 10  from  the NI Website for $124.50?

==================================================

Also Others be ware,  when you get the Plugin Alliance freebies after making your NI update purchase, all of  your PA plugins may not show themselves until the very next day in the Plugin Alliance Install Manager.    I got some installs the day I made my purchase, the rest showed up the next day.

Edited by jesse g

It pretty much comes down to, do you spend $50 for 1 thing that you know you will use. Or do you spend $200 for a whole bunch of things you may or may not use all of them. But they will take up space on your system and stay there forever and ever. Decisions decisions. I would say of my initial investment in K12U I probably just use 25% of it. The rest just sits there. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

It pretty much comes down to, do you spend $50 for 1 thing that you know you will use. Or do you spend $200 for a whole bunch of things you may or may not use all of them. But they will take up space on your system and stay there forever and ever. Decisions decisions. I would say of my initial investment in K12U I probably just use 25% of it. The rest just sits there. 

Maybe 10% for me.  Too bad we use Kontakt more as a rompler.  Battery and Reaktor should get more attention as a user.   

5 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Maybe 10% for me.  Too bad we use Kontakt more as a rompler.  Battery and Reaktor should get more attention as a user.   

As user k13 ultimate + many 3party kontakt instruments like choirs, strings etc, i only bought today Kontakt 7 update - others are balast for me - bambilion hip hop balast... - only playbox looks fine + 1 machine exp body mechanik, but i dont need this..... save my ssd space too. I will wait for komplete 15 ultimate with hope that CREMONA QUARTET all collection will be there, same as arkhis, choir omnia + many more etc.... Spend now 5 hours to ad pictures to third party libraries in kontakt 7 and its fine 🙂 works like charm - offer good night :)

47 minutes ago, Kreveta Puket said:

As user k13 ultimate + many 3party kontakt instruments like choirs, strings etc, i only bought today Kontakt 7 update - others are balast for me - bambilion hip hop balast... - only playbox looks fine + 1 machine exp body mechanik, but i dont need this..... save my ssd space too. I will wait for komplete 15 ultimate with hope that CREMONA QUARTET all collection will be there, same as arkhis, choir omnia + many more etc.... Spend now 5 hours to ad pictures to third party libraries in kontakt 7 and its fine 🙂 works like charm - offer good night :)

Cremona Quartet is why I got the K13U CE upgrade. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Or do you spend $200 for a whole bunch of things you may or may not use all of them. But they will take up space on your system and stay there forever and ever.

They only take up as much space as is needed: you can choose to install what you want, when you want. You can also remove it and re-install later if your project requirements change.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, antler said:

They only take up as much space as is needed: you can choose to install what you want, when you want. You can also remove it and re-install later if your project requirements change.

yes. all true. but my point is, i never use 75% of what I paid for. But NI took the money. Will I ever use those orchestral sampled instruments? probably not. I dont do sound track or scores. i just make rock and country folk song demos with other guys i work with.

I just ran into problems trying to install the big 40gb Kontakt Factory Library 2.

Apparently Native Access doesn't update itself to the latest verstion (Native Access 2) so  if you haven't done it manually in a while Access will still download first to the system drive (which then requires a massive amount of free space) and there's no way to change it.

I had to uninstall Native Access first and even that wasn't easy since it didn't show up in the installed programs list in  my Windows Programs and Features panel.
Searching for it in the panel found it (weird).

Then install latest version of Native Access from the NI site.

Finally change download folder in Native Access preferences.

Looks like a pretty slow download...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

yes. all true. but my point is, i never use 75% of what I paid for. But NI took the money. Will I ever use those orchestral sampled instruments? probably not. I dont do sound track or scores. i just make rock and country folk song demos with other guys i work with.

Fair enough. I just didn't want people who've never looked at Komplete before to get the wrong idea - there are some companies where you have to download your purchase fully or pay for download costs after a certain amount of time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul P said:

Apparently Native Access doesn't update itself to the latest version

+1, I found this out the hard way as well trying to repair a library a while ago (no option to even repair). Quick search on the web revealed a completely different GUI, but Native Access never updated itself to it. It does on the new version, but was odd to see that situation.

One apparent difference between Factory Libraries 1 and 2 is orchestral libraries.

Factory Library (1) has a bunch of VSL instruments (Legacy and otherwise) plus a bunch more.

Overall, there seem to be less orchestral instruments in FL2.

• Thanks 2

I spend a good amount of time moderating on the NI forum and have two thoughts;

1. I'm not updating to NA2(3) until the current NA1 completely becomes unsupported and they force me to...

and

2. I'm really glad that I don't use a Mac anymore.

😁

Edited by OutrageProductions
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The latest is NA 3.4 and it updated itself in the middle of downloads last night. It has oddball queuing issues and seems to require the NTKDaemonService running before it is launched. I did notice that putting another thing in queue when it hiccups seems to make it happier, but best to just walk away from it while it is running and check at expected intervals (it does seem to recover on its own now.. the queue repopulates itself one-by-one rather than throwing multiple toasts at you). Other than those, it runs great! 😆

I just realized that my tower computer was making more fan noise than usual and checked the temps which were quite a bit above normal (I'm just idling most of the time).

So I check processes and Native Access is the only active process and it's chugging away at 16% doing nothing at all.

It stopping having anything do to about 10 hours ago when I finished updating everything but forgot to close it.

Edited by Paul P
  • Sad 3

I checked quick on that NTKDaemonService and saw comments about that chewing up CPU even with NA not running so I disabled it again after everything was updated. So many programs embed services into startup when you run them unfortunately, but that seems to be one to watch out for whenever you run NA. It seems its only purpose is for NA, so no reason to run it on boot anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is why everyone should grab a copy of the free tool AutoRuns from Systools and run it periodically. I recently noticed that the Pace driver was being loaded at boot, despite having uninstalled all products that use it. Not a big deal, as that driver doesn't actually do anything unless validating a license, but it's still irritating. And don't get me started on Acronis and its takeover of my computer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After watching Native Access hang on products loading for 2 minutes on launch. I did an uninstall/ reinstall of NA and NTKDaemon (which didn’t help) but then I added a windows defender firewall rule to allow it access to public networks and finally the delay is gone. 

• Great Idea 1