Native Instruments Summer of Sound Sale

Wallace Ng

5 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

KU comes with Ozone 10 and has unknown install error via Acess.  Zip file seems to install but that doesn't show up anywhere.  Besides shouldn't there be a serial for Ozone? 

I kinda regret upgrading because of a lot of Soundpaint type bloat.  The session guitars seem worth it.   

The session series is the only reason I ever do the upgrades. They are awesome. I have so many other sounds and synths and high quality symphonic libraries than I know what to do with, so there's not much reason to consider upgrading for the other stuff. However, offering useful tools like Ozone is a smart move and should give people another reason to upgrade. I just barely bought Ozone earlier this year and had I known it would be in the upgrade I would have waited and put my $100 towards this upgrade instead of Ozone. Doh! There's always something to feel screwed about.

• Like 2

I'm just not convinced I should upgrade from 13 standard. Maybe Kontakt 7 tips the scales, but I dunno. I always cringe whenever I see a new  instrument and see it requires Kontakt...particularly the "full version" LOL

I could get Komplete 14 Update for $90 or Reaktor 6 update for $50.  Uhmm...

I know it's not on y'all's list for Reaktor,but from what I gather, I can recreate Shaperbox effects using Reaktor and a bunch of other plugin effects that I would normally buy, but could build using Reaktor.  There only thing that's halting me is that Reaktor isn't multicore and it doesn't report PDC.

Ordered 14CE update ($226) from Best Service, but have not received serial--it has been a couple of hours.  They may be overwhelmed and delayed getting sn from NI??

Anyone else having a delay getting serial numbers from Best Service?

C2

[edit:  got it serial number.  when I got up the next morning.  Very Happy.--Thanks]  

Edited by Cecelius2

1 minute ago, Cecelius2 said:

Ordered 14CE update ($226) from Best Service, but have not received serial--it has been a couple of hours.  They may be overwhelmed and delayed getting sn from NI??

C2

A couple of people.

Here's one of them:

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/57937-native-instruments-summer-of-sound-sale/&do=findComment&comment=438365

2 minutes ago, Cecelius2 said:

C2

They are in the middle of the night in Europe…

15 hours ago, cclarry said:

Tiny bit lower at Thomann.  JRR shop offers NO DISCOUNT whatsoever!

https://www.thomannmusic.com/search_dir.html?sw=Native Instruments Komplete&smcs=95b47c_5161

But for the dollar or two difference, you'd still be better off buying at Best Service and getting the Best Coins

JRRShop says "Coupon codes are not available for this product (Native Instruments Komplete 14 Update)"

So yeah .. That sucks.

15 hours ago, cclarry said:

Tiny bit lower at Thomann.  JRR shop offers NO DISCOUNT whatsoever!

https://www.thomannmusic.com/search_dir.html?sw=Native Instruments Komplete&smcs=95b47c_5161

But for the dollar or two difference, you'd still be better off buying at Best Service and getting the Best Coins

Are they the only ones giving two vouchers?

"Includes 25.00 EUR voucher for the Native Instruments online shop as well as a "Buy any plug-in" voucher worth 29.99 EUR for use in the Plugin Alliance online shop"

I have KU13, but I added K14 standard for the update price of $ 99.50,  so with that purchase, I got the following.   

• Full version of Kontakt 7 (This is what I wanted, but I get more know for the price).
  • Playbox
  • Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst
  • Session Bassist - Prime Bass
  • Super 8
  • Session Guitarist - Electric Mint
  • 40's Very Own - Keys
  • 40's Very Own - Drums
  • Expansion - Backyard Jams
  • Expansion - Neo Boogie
  • Empire Breaks
  • Expansion - Bumpin Flava
  • Deft Lines
  • Ignition Keys
  • Expansion - Body Mechanik
  • Stacks
  • Melted Vibes
  • Massive X Expansion - Charge
  • Massive X Expansion - Our House
  • Massive X Expansion - Wake
  • Massive X Expansion - Bump
  • Massive X Expansion - Haze
  • Massive X Expansion - Quest
  • Massive X Expansion - Kino
  • Massive X Expansion - Beam
  • Massive X Expansion - Fade
  • Massive X Expansion - Bounce

**Just getting Session Bassist - Prime Bass is $99.00 by itself.

I get to keep everything from KU13 plus add the stuff from K14 standard, now that's a bargain 👍

• Great Idea 1

I definitely agree that it still is a bargain to get the update for $99 as opposed to just Kontakt for $49.  There is an awful lot that is included that I have already used.

However, I think the Play series tends towards filler.  I also think the expansions are as much trouble as they are worth if you don't have Maschine.  It's nice that they throw in presets for Battery, Massive, and whichever, but they don't install them in a directory where any of those programs normally look for presets.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I hate either Native Instruments, Behringer or Myself. NI do their sale so I HAVE to upgrade. And then I'm stupid enough to accompany that purchase with a purchase of a Maschine controller. Now Behringer comes along and FINALLY releases the Edge. I've been waiting for that one for a couple of years. So that is an instant buy.

I'll be eating instant noodles for a month.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Cecelius2 said:

C2

Have you gotten your serial number yet?