Native Instruments Summer of Sound Sale

Wallace Ng

22 hours ago, Zo said:

keep me informed how it goes  .... ;) 

If only NI had customer support that didn't equate to basically giving yourself a hefty kick in the gentleman vegetables it would be quite easy to find out.....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, antler said:

I think that's an iZotope installer bug that's been there forever. I'm guessing your install path has spaces in it. It's not expecting any and interpreting anything after a space character as a command line switch.

Try checking to make sure your install path doesn't have any spaces.

1 hour ago, Brian Lawler said:

The K7 feature that I really appreciate so-far is being able to see my non-player Instruments (with patches) in the same browser as the Player stuff.  What has me stymied is installing Ozone 10.  It just errors out (see below) on Windows.  Not a big deal, as I have 9 and rarely use it anyway.

2023-05-27_9-44-12.jpg.1024f0a5c4cfe87feacdea9bd200b5a5.jpg

That will happen if you use NA 1.   This should be labeled Ozone 10 NI Edition,    It creates a folder called Izotope Pro in your Izotope folder.  It will not show up in Portal, vst3 only, no standalone.   To upgrade to 10 Advanced via NI is $129 where if you have 9 Advanced the upgrade is $99 from Izotope.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

That will happen if you use NA 1.   This should be labeled Ozone 10 NI Edition,    It creates a folder called Izotope Pro in your Izotope folder.  It will not show up in Portal, vst3 only, no standalone.   To upgrade to 10 Advanced via NI is $129 where if you have 9 Advanced the upgrade is $99 from Izotope.  

That sucks. I think when you see that dialogue, the setup program will still be running. You can probably find its path by looking in Task Manager and finding its .exe location. Make a copy, and then you should be able to run it separately.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, antler said:

That sucks. I think when you see that dialogue, the setup program will still be running. You can probably find its path by looking in Task Manager and finding its .exe location. Make a copy, and then you should be able to run it separately.

That doesn't work either.

From what I noticed (with NS 3.4 at least), each application is downloaded into an .iso file (at the location specified, I think it defaulted to /Public/Downloads), mounted (can see that pop up in Windows explorer as a virtual drive), installed, and then deleted. I didn't install Ozone since I already have it, so not sure if it is the same pattern for that one.

13 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Have you guys already noticed the OTS glitch?

Add 3 products from the OTS sale and everything else you add from NI including hardware will also be 30% off.

What is OTS? 

7 hours ago, jngnz said:

Have you guys already noticed the OT glitch?

Add 3 products from the OT sale and everything else you add from NI including hardware will also be 30% off.

Nice if you have the bread to spread...

Komplete CE is as far as I can afford to go.
Going from 12 to 14 CE adds Kontakt 7 full, Noir piano, Stadivari Cello & Violin, Action Strings2, etc.  to my collection.

• Like 3

So am I reading some of the commentary here correctly in that you only get the plugin alliance but any plugin for $29 vouchers if you buy direct from NI?

I'm keen to go from 12 to 14 Ultimate and I wouldn't mind being able to pick up maybe The Oven and Kirchoff for $29 each. 

44 minutes ago, Craig N said:

So am I reading some of the commentary here correctly in that you only get the plugin alliance but any plugin for $29 vouchers if you buy direct from NI?

I'm keen to go from 12 to 14 Ultimate and I wouldn't mind being able to pick up maybe The Oven and Kirchoff for $29 each. 

After purchasing 14CE I got 2 emails - one a code for PA and the other the $20 dollar voucher already mentioned in this forum:  SUMMER-20-OFF
Not seeing anything else (no mention of a $29 voucher).

The PA plugins I see listed for Ultimate and CE are:

• BX_CONSOLE  << probably a typo...
  • FOCUSRITE SC *see edit 2
  • BX_CONSOLE N
  • BX_LIMITER TRUE PEAK
  • BX_CRISPYTUNER
  • KNIFONIUM
  • LO-FI-AF

Can you sell/give away the NA coupon for the PA bundle?
Edit: per terms - The e-voucher is personalized and only for use by the appointed addressee/user. It is not transferable and may not be re-sold.
Edit2: LOL it's BX_CONSOLE FOCUSRITE SC 
see https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/6539155029917-How-to-Install-KOMPLETE-14-s-Plugin-Alliance-Products
More info at:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-14-ultimate/plugin-alliance-additions/

Edited by TheSteven

8 minutes ago, Craig N said:

On the compare page on the NI site it says with std you get 1 PA voucher, with Ultimate 2x, and with CE 3x. The terms and conditions says they are buy any plugin for 29 vouchers.

Confirmed (thanks for the correction)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-14-collectors-edition/specifications/

PRODUCT INCLUDES
Installation files, e-voucher for the Native Instruments web shop, and three “Buy any Plugin for $29.99” e-vouchers for the Plugin Alliance web shop.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-14-ultimate/specifications/

PRODUCT INCLUDES
Installation files, e-voucher for the Native Instruments web shop, and two “Buy any Plugin for $29.99” e-vouchers for the Plugin Alliance web shop.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Going from 12 to 14 CE adds Kontakt 7 full, Noir piano, Stadivari Cello & Violin, Action Strings2, etc.  to my collection.

I made the same jump. The main difference between KU and KCE are the orchestral instruments and expansions. Not sure if I will ever use those expansions, but the orchestral libraries are nice (and HUGE). Even with this sale that price difference covered only a couple as singles so I grabbed CE instead. Lores has been getting the most play time so far for me. There is validity in the posts about possibly never really using them, but they are fun to play.

• Like 2