Native Instruments Summer of Sound Sale

Wallace

Every SOS sale I have to decide whether to stay with Ultimate or go to CE.  In case anyone else looks for the comparison on the NI website in a small window, below is the link (it will be under "more" unless your browser is wide).  Gotta decide again if it is worth the extra $100.  If I didn't already have a ton of orchestral stuff it would be an easy decision.

Compare bundles:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-14-ultimate/compare/

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

Gotta decide again if it is worth the extra $100

Essentially you are getting a bunch more expansions, less hard disk space, and a higher update price in the future.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wallace said:

Essentially you are getting a bunch more expansions, less hard disk space, and a higher update price in the future.

Good point about the future update prices... but... Arkhis and Lores.  I love fumbling around with my untalented fingers and hearing awesome stuff come out.

Edited by Brian Lawler
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wallace said:

Upgrading from Komplate CE 13 gives me:

Kontakt 7 Full
Choir - Omnia
Action Strings 2
Playbox
Sequis
Piano Colors
Ashlight
Lores
Session Guitar: Electric Vintage
East Asia
Session Bass: Prime Bass
Session Guitar: Picked Nylon
Session Guitar: Electric Mint
Super 8
Deft Line
40's Very Own Drums
40's Very Own Keys
Knif Audio Knifonium
bx_Oberhausen
Unfiltered Audio Lo-Fi AF
Focusrise Console SC
bx_Console N
bx_Limiter True Peak
Ozone 10 Standard

+ 37 expansions, including 10 Massive X expansions, which I use extensively.

All for $226.

Or I can buy Damage Guitars for $200. ¬¬

There are companies that sell products equivalent to Ashlight, Choir-Omnia, Lores, Piano Colors, Action Strings 2, Picked Nylon for the price of this upgrade. The current sale price for Ozone 10 Standard is $135, which is included in this upgrade.

I think your understanding of deals needs to be recalibrated lol. 

Also - would very much like NI to just start offering a $199 / year subscription for Komplete CE. Many people upgrade every year anyway (been on Komplete since version 1) so just get it over with.  It also makes no sense to own any of these products individually, considering the Komplete sale prices every year, and considering individual products still require fairly regular paid updates, and many of their products (including flagship products) have been discontinued entirely.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Craig N said:

Huh, for some reason I thought it was more like 4-600 or something to update CE to CE.

I doubt many people update during regular pricing. There's a 50% off sale every single year. Checking invoice, I paid $240 for CE 13 upgrade in 2021. Will be cheaper for this upgrade.

https://www.bestservice.com/en/komplete_14_collectors_edition_update.html

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Craig N said:

The increased update pricing is what puts me off upgrading from vanilla Komplete.

That is where they get you. 

I may look again at what upgrading to Ultimate would give me these days but will probably stick, I have little intrest in the Play series and the expansions.

300 for the upgrade from Ultimate to Ultimate CE. I think I will bite. To much good stuff there I would like to pay with.

I've got a separate license for Arkhis a while back, so I will have that double. Does anyone know what the resell policy/process is?

Edit: I will wait and see if there's perhaps a better deal with the JRR code or Audiodeluxe bucks.

Edited by Nick Blanc
  • Like 1

I don't have 80% of the stuff in Komplete 14 Standard installed and can't for the life of me figure out what anyone would do with all that stuff in Ultimate or CE unless you work in 37 genres. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, jngnz said:

I don't have 80% of the stuff in Komplete 14 Standard installed and can't for the life of me figure out what anyone would do with all that stuff in Ultimate or CE unless you work in 37 genres. 

I need that Nocturnal Beats expansion for my hybrid orchestral dubstep Bulgarian folk dub industrial hip-hop. 

Don't judge me. You don't know me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

I use many of the products in CE daily - anyone doing a lot of scoring work would be. And considering I often pay hundreds, if not around $1000 for a single library from other companies, paying a couple hundred $$$ a year for an extremely broad set of new sounds is a no brainer.

Like I said - there are single products in Komplete that have equivalents with other companies that sell for the same price as the upgrade. Hell, there are products INCLUDED in Komplete from other manufacturers or from NI that sell for the price of the upgrade (eg. Action Strings 2 is $300 from Sonuscore).

If you're starting from scratch buying Komplete (specifically during sale season), you could pick up Ultimate for $600. That collection includes more content in any genre you can think of (EDM, orchestra, rock, ambient, scoring, world music, jazz, funk, sound design, etc., (plus a whole suite of 30+ effects including Ozone 10 Standard)  than anything else available at that price.

It is the best deal on the market. Period. Doesn't matter if you use 10% of what's there or all of it. Nothing comes even remotely close, except maybe a Composer Cloud subscription.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Tiny bit lower at Thomann.  JRR shop offers NO DISCOUNT whatsoever!

https://www.thomannmusic.com/search_dir.html?sw=Native Instruments Komplete&smcs=95b47c_5161

But for the dollar or two difference, you'd still be better off buying at Best Service and getting the Best Coins

seems best price from K13 UCE to K14UCE   $222, do they charge taxes on top if you are outside US?