Rain

Barry Seymour

8 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Mostly I’m glad I can’t remember what I wrote in ‘67 🙃 This is great Barry!

t

I have others I only remember bits of - and it's better that way. Ugh.

But for some reason I got it right on this one at the tender age of 15. When the guys asked me if I remembered the song, well, I did!

Thanks!

- Bear

• Like 1

Hi Barry , Loved the vocals, always look forward to your songs  .... Ok this is just me but there ´s places where you sound a tad like my hero Chris Rea if you get the chance check out his ``shamrock Diaries´´ album ...pre road to hell  personally I though the horns overtook the limelight from the  song ..but hey thats just my take on what is anothe super song sung briliantly ...check out shamrock diaries  cheers p

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 1:21 PM, Paul Bush said:

Hi Barry , Loved the vocals, always look forward to your songs  .... Ok this is just me but there ´s places where you sound a tad like my hero Chris Rea if you get the chance check out his ``shamrock Diaries´´ album ...pre road to hell  personally I though the horns overtook the limelight from the  song ..but hey thats just my take on what is anothe super song sung briliantly ...check out shamrock diaries  cheers p

"Fool if You Think It's Over" Chris Rea? I haven't heard that name in a while, thanks!

I know the horns overtake things, but that was my intent. This is my high school jazz-rock band, back from the dead after 50 years; I want to celebrate these guys, they're still kickin!

Thanks for the kind words.

On 5/25/2023 at 4:16 PM, Ross Smithe said:

Nice catchy, hooky tune! Solid performance and production value. As has been said, definitely reminds me of early Chicago stuff, especially the horn solo. Vocals are fantastic too. All around great job, congrats on this.

"Reminds me of early Chicago stuff" ... mission accomplished! Thanks!

Good song, very upbeat and well produced.  This song would fit nicely on my 70's Playlist,  which is also my favorite playlist:)   Might boost the horns a bit, you might add a bit of chamber or room verb with a little compression to the horn parts.   That would sound good.  Stellar production.

Regards

• Like 1