Just A Note and Question Re: Adaptive Limiter

Keni

9 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

The more I look at it, the more it reminds me of Ozone, especially with the added features which no sane limiter should have, like dithering.

Ha! Funny as I mentioned in an earlier post here, I have Ozone and have been considering using it's maximizer functions as a replacement. I haven’t tried it much yet but I have an upcoming project I may try it with...

17 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

...added features which no sane limiter should have, like dithering

Huh? Aside from being superfluous in Cakewalk, which provides its own dithering, why wouldn't you expect a limiter to offer dither? Ozone can be run standalone, too, not just as a hosted plugin. It's meant to be a one-stop-shop for all things mastering.

Keni, I missed your comment that you had Ozone! Your solution's been right there all along. 

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Huh? Aside from being superfluous in Cakewalk, which provides its own dithering, why wouldn't you expect a limiter to offer dither? Ozone can be run standalone, too, not just as a hosted plugin. It's meant to be a one-stop-shop for all things mastering.

Keni, I missed your comment that you had Ozone! Your solution's been right there all along. 

thanks bitflipper...

I didn't mention it at first mostly because I forgot that I have it. I don't remember the last time I used it. I did install it on this new DAW just recently, but it took a day or say to come to mind.

I guess I should give it a try... I've been so satisfied with the results from Adaptive I simply ran with what I knew works.

I've got a few new albums coming term soon so I'll start checking it out on in-house-work daily's in the meantime...

On 5/30/2023 at 12:55 PM, bitflipper said:

Huh? Aside from being superfluous in Cakewalk, which provides its own dithering, why wouldn't you expect a limiter to offer dither?

Because you rarely have people choosing dither algorithms, as most of the differences between them are impossible to hear even when you measure them at the hundreds of dB below the signal or doing real-time exports. Maybe in ProTools, but they have offline rendering since version 11.