Kazrog Back to School Sale

cclarry

As far as I know, the suite disappeared when he withdrew Thermionik from sale, which makes sense as the suite was made up mostly  of Thermionik/Recabinet stuff, which was no longer available. He is working on the next gen of amp sim, that is why he withdrew Thermionik from sale as the story goes.

Either luckily or unluckily, depending on your opinion of Thermionik, I think if you had previously purchased later amp packs, prior to when he rolled them all into 1 product, if you log into your account and download the latest version of Thermionik, when you install it, don't activate or register it whatever, but just check the 'about' tab, if it says something like 'Registered to - Legacy User' just leave it, don't try and put in your account info, as all the contents of the Thermionik Suite whether you purchased them or not will be available for you to use without any limitation, if you however register with your account info, you will only have full access to whatever you purchased. I think this was done on purpose for those who had previously purchased Thermionik stuff before they were withdrawn.

I brought in way back when he was selling Thermionik via a few different amp packs, before he put them all into 1 bundle, and I had all but 1 pack, now I have access to all, but I don't use them as I never really thought much of most of them.

12 hours ago, ZipCode said:

it says something like 'Registered to - Legacy User'

That's what I have. But when I go to load one in CbB, go to Kazrog plugins, I got over twenty amps listed. And to try them, I got to load each one, one at a time. PITFA! Ain't worth it. Maybe one day when I ain't got nothing else to do I may look at some.

Yeah, right!

I liked it much better when he had the amps intergrated with the Speaker IR program. Mad it much easier to use. When he came out with ReCab 5 and all those different amps it was like wha?

Edited by Grem

Yes, the way it is with all the individual .dll's etc is a right royal pain, especially with being use to a lot of the other stuff out there, nice tidy inclusive packages, BIAS, Amplitube, TH3/TH-U, Revalver etc etc, much easier to work with and use compared to Thermionik. The generic look also turns me off somewhat, not that that would matter much if the sound and feel were way ahead of the pack, but it just isn't, not for me anyway, doesn't compare favorably with the competition in any department. Never use them myself, just not worth the effort really.

It will be interesting to see what he comes up with next though, hopefully he will bring the package more into line with what other developers give us, but something tells me possibly not, I have always had the feeling he may have the same attitude as Cockos (REAPER) where they don't really care about aesthetics, usability, user friendliness etc, which would be fine I guess if the product is good enough to void those 'shortcomings'

Edited by ZipCode

13 minutes ago, ZipCode said:

doesn't compare favorably with the competition in any department.

Yep. Aplitube is the one I have been grabbing for a while now. With the Mesa collection and the Fender 2 collection, that about gets me eveything I want right there.

And for some variety TH3 and that little Brunetti Metropolatin. And I have been trying Mercruial Reaxis amp sim too. I like that for real heavy crunch sounds.

But really, Amplitube does almost everything I need.