Computer Music sub from Zinio for under $17

kitekrazy

I was happy with Zinio for the few years I had it, then my wife expressed interest in getting some crafting magazines on line.  We have had a subscription to Readly for about a year, and she is very happy with it.  They have 7000 titles and 500K back issues for five family members (individual settings) for $10/month.  Maybe not a deal worthy of this forum, but since my wife thinks it is worthwhile for her, I get way more music mags than I can handle for "free" :P     Some of the titles: Electronic Musician, Future Music, Sound & Recording, Guitar World, Billboard, Electronic Sound, Interface, Rolling Stone, Beat, Keys & Recording, Total Guitar, Guitar Player, Pianist, etc....  Catch-  The titles are usually European versions (often no different that US), but you may not find mags that are only published in the US.  Other way 'round for EU market? IDK.  App works great on a tablet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Plumbee said:

Been getting Computer Music and SOS for free from the local library for about a year or so.

yep, I'm in UK (Wales) and have done the same for a few years now: free library card done online + free libbyapp to read.   This isn't some kind of pirating or "hack",  it's literally what the library is there for:

Borrow your favourite magazines from your local library service. Users with a library card can read digital magazines on Libby, the award-winning reading app from OverDrive, or by visiting your library authority website. Top titles include The Economist, National Geographic, Vanity Fair and many hundreds of other popular magazines from around the world previously available through the RBdigital app.

To use this service you must be based in the UK and be a registered member at a participating Welsh library. If you are already a library member, you can borrow e-Magazines using your library membership card number and PIN.

Edited by Paul_in_wales
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

You may want to compare it with https://www.magzter.com/magztergold ($49/year) and check if they include the magazines that you want

Thanks @Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann   We did look Magzter and others over pretty closely.  One of the differing factors (at least at the time) was the five accounts included.  Three of us are using it, so we are each able to just see the stuff we are interested in, get pinged for new issues, etc.