Something a little manic and disjointed

Wookiee

On 5/23/2023 at 3:20 AM, jwnicholson78 said:

If I recall correctly, I survived my last wookie vocal exposure.  With more exposure,  I'm beginning to rather enjoy them.

Super interesting,  I particularly looked the tempo changes, and for me the drums were outstanding.

Thank you sir, perhaps that is the secret more exposure 😉. Nice to know the tempo changes and drums were enjoyed. 

On 5/23/2023 at 2:10 PM, KSband said:

Very creative interesting track, Must have been challenging to program the drums.

Thanks for the ears, it did take some thinking about, some of the fills are edited fills from one of the MIDI packs which had odd time signatures, though I may cheat I always have to fiddle as they kit used had far more toms than the fills were written for.

On 5/23/2023 at 4:06 PM, markno999 said:

Wookiee,

Interesting track, see what you mean about the manic part, the tempo changes gives the feeling my equilibrium is off, kind of like when a plane makes a fast ascent into a steep bank/ turn.   Super creative ideas in here including the tempo changes.    I rather liked the vocals, sounds a bit like Richard Harris.     Nice transition back to original idea after the vocals section, that isn't easy to do seamlessly.

Regards

Thank you sir, it was fun to create. 

On 5/24/2023 at 10:54 AM, daryl1968 said:

I tried tapping my foot to this and put my back out :)

The vocal is great - very Floyd. Bravo for your synth choices as usual

Thanks Daryl, sweet pictures of the bay today, appreciate your ears and time. Foot tapping could result in dislocation. 

• Haha 1

What a fun and very interesting piece.  The tempo changes are absoflipinlutely great as is the mix.  The whole production is very tight without sounding over produced.  Every time that I hear one of your songs I wish that I could cure my contentious relationship with synths,and things MIDI and make use of them more effectively.  BTW, the vocals are sounding good!

• Thanks 1

The tempo changes are strange, but I do think you pulled it off when its all taken into context.  What was most surprising to me was your voice.  Very smooth. Not bad at all! Actually pretty good. The vocals fit perfectly into the picture. You should use your voice more often! Also, your toms are better than mine! So, good the hear from you, Wookiee! Keep them coming!

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2023 at 2:12 AM, Barry Seymour said:

I tried to dance to this. My knee replacement is scheduled for late June.

At first I thought it was something I did with my mouse wheel. 🤣

It was such a relief when Pink Floyd came in.

Good Stuff!

Thank you, sorry about the knee hope the surgery goes well, trick knees are not fun had problems with mine for years.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 11:18 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Wookie

This is really cool - those tempo changes definitely keep the interest going!!

And the vocals sound really good, as others have said definitely a bit Floydish, which is a good thing

Cool Stuff

Nigel

Thank you Nigel. Nothing like making life a bit more intricate to add a twist, glad you enjoyed it, and survived the vocal. 

On 5/25/2023 at 7:01 PM, AndyB01 said:

Drums are really good (love the toms), the tempo changes mess with my head - in a good way - and who knew Wookiees could sing so beautifully?

Definitely no threat to life here 😁

Great stuff

Andy

Thanks for putting your life at risk, your thoughts and comments are appreciated.  😉

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 8:05 PM, freddy j said:

What a fun and very interesting piece.  The tempo changes are absoflipinlutely great as is the mix.  The whole production is very tight without sounding over produced.  Every time that I hear one of your songs I wish that I could cure my contentious relationship with synths,and things MIDI and make use of them more effectively.  BTW, the vocals are sounding good!

Thanks Freddy  you are most kind.

On 5/30/2023 at 12:06 AM, FreeEarCandy said:

The tempo changes are strange, but I do think you pulled it off when its all taken into context.  What was most surprising to me was your voice.  Very smooth. Not bad at all! Actually pretty good. The vocals fit perfectly into the picture. You should use your voice more often! Also, your toms are better than mine! So, good the hear from you, Wookiee! Keep them coming!

Thank you sir. The drums are SD3 Music Maker kit, one of the presets, but tweaked we all know presets are just a starting point, don't we.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2023 at 4:20 AM, PhonoBrainer said:

I don't know what I just listened to; I only know that I liked it. And the more vocals you add in, the more interesting it gets. Just my vote for your future endeavors!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks Tom, in someway the manic nature of the tempo is a little reflection of life at this time. Glad you enjoyed it.

I just had to revisit this again.  It's like I can't stop listening to this.  It's like the protagonist is singing about voices in his head in between a nightmarish maze of disturbing sight and sound.  He can no longer control himself and goes out and commits a horrific crime.  Kinda like a Hitchcock type theme.  No.  I just figured it out.  It's the hairy Wookie beast striking on a full moon. Fascinating composition, seriously.

😀John B

• Thanks 1