Something a little manic and disjointed

Wookiee

This has been in the bakery for a few months I hope you enjoy, it does contain a vocal that can be fatal to none Wookiee life forms

Toys used
Cherry Audio: Mercury 4 and Lowdown
Arturia: Piano V version 3 and Stage 73 V version 3
Toontrack Superior Drummer 3

All plugins Cakewalk. except the Reverb which is from Overloud Breverb.

• Like 6

Wookie , that was quite an Experimental piece. I thought the tempo changes were very interesting and effective. I also thought you did a Fantastic job on the vocals. I especially liked the work you did on the toms thru all of the drum track. Very Nice . 

mark

• Thanks 1

Lots going on there, all extremely well done except (to my ears anyway): I'd eq the drums and cymbals up a half dB or so as they are really well programmed but not audible enough for the listener to hear a more distinct delivery of them. Your vox are really good🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Wookie , that was quite an Experimental piece. I thought the tempo changes were very interesting and effective. I also thought you did a Fantastic job on the vocals. I especially liked the work you did on the toms thru all of the drum track. Very Nice . 

mark

Thank you Mark, your continued support is appreciated. The idea for the track came in a dream some two months ago, then the lyrics popped into my head as I was reviewing the track a couple of days ago. In all honesty the drums are not entirely my own work, I had a little help from SD3 fills that I tweaked, the main beat is mine though. 

Did you suss the time signature? You could say it is in 12/8, but just for fun it is alternating bars of 5/8 & 7/8, which allowed for some twists and some slightly erratic jumps. The middle 8/vocal which is in 12/8 though the erratic rhythmic feel is maintained on the ride.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

I'm still breathing...

Yeah, me too!

22 hours ago, mark skinner said:

thought the tempo changes were very interesting and effective

ditto

9 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

like the vocal which sounded pretty good and not at all hazardous

Yes, and the budgie and parrotlet suffered no ill effects here!

👍's 👏

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

I'm still breathing...  I'd like to hear more like this because experimentation is fun!!  Terrific

Thank you Lynn, I think that is the way I am going. I have a stupid number of VSTi Synth emulations, three, or is it four, of which are Modular giving an endless source for making noises.

Your support and the support of the others here is greatly appreciated, there is another idea bubbling in the ingredients pot waiting for me to find a chance to spend more than the 30 seconds Missi, the dog, lets me have in the studio.

On 5/22/2023 at 4:17 AM, bjornpdx said:

Wookie, 

I like the phrase explorations in different chords and I like the vocal which sounded pretty good and not at all hazardous though our budgie is still cowering in her cage for some reason.  
-Bjorn

Thank you, Bjorn nice to know you both enjoyed and survived 😊  

Wookiee,

Interesting track, see what you mean about the manic part, the tempo changes gives the feeling my equilibrium is off, kind of like when a plane makes a fast ascent into a steep bank/ turn.   Super creative ideas in here including the tempo changes.    I rather liked the vocals, sounds a bit like Richard Harris.     Nice transition back to original idea after the vocals section, that isn't easy to do seamlessly.

Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2023 at 5:49 AM, Larry T. said:

Lots going on there, all extremely well done except (to my ears anyway): I'd eq the drums and cymbals up a half dB or so as they are really well programmed but not audible enough for the listener to hear a more distinct delivery of them. Your vox are really good🎶🎶🎶🎶

Thanks for the ears Larry, it's done now, time is limited, so I am moving on to the next which is festering in the furry brain. Time to leave the pain alone explore different ideas.

On 5/22/2023 at 1:56 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Yeah, me too!

ditto

Yes, and the budgie and parrotlet suffered no ill effects here!

👍's 👏

t

Good to know no animals were affected Tom, thanks my friend appreciated :)  

• Like 1