Sonar can't tell mono from stereo UAD plug ins

Lado

Sonar (BandLab) won't show whether a UAD plug in is mono or stereo. It only shows the same duplicate names for each plug in. I have to drill down in the VST2 presents/Details to find this info. In Pro Tools (for PC) these plug ins are identified as Stereo or Mono within the insert names. It would be nice if Sonar could incorporate this feature SOON PLEASE!!

The default plug-in names are based on the VSTPlugInNameFormat setting.

Read about the variable and its options here.

Set the variable here. Note: initially this screen is empty. Add a variable and its value to initialize the file.

Custom plug-in names may be set in the plug-in browser. The documentation is in the middle of this page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

scook, Thanks for the quick response. Changing the .ini file worked, but the directions to right click the plug in name in the browser doesn't work in CbBL. In fact nothing happens when I right click a name. Lado

• 2 months later...

I have tried this “Set the variable here. Note: initially this screen is empty. Add a variable and its value to initialize the file.”

I set value to 1.

I also tried  “Adding the variable "VSTPlugInNameFormat" and entering "1" “

The screen stays blank after adding a variable of 1 and I hit set. Am I missing missing  something?

The “Initialize File” font In preferences is blues as opposed to black. Not sure if that means anything.

Thanks