UAD plug-in collections 49$

Yan Filiatrault

Part of me is pretty tempted to jump on this (for 1176 or LA-2) simply because *really* good UAD deals are so few and far between. 

But...I have the legacy UAD versions, the IK versions, and PSP's and Softube's FET compressors. I'm pretty happy with all of these, honestly - does anyone want to persuade me that there is some kind of pixie-dust that the v2 UAD offerings would sprinkle that I'd be a muppet not to go for?

FOMO is a real thing, apparently. 

• Like 2

I'm not going to bite, but seeing UAD going for this cheap is pretty cool. Prices on great plugins have dramatically fallen in the past few years -- well, at least when you consider sale prices. It's the one really positive result of Waves always on $29/39 USD sales. It's had a dramatic impact on the industry. But I never thought I'd see UAD going for less than 50 bucks. Even though I'm not going to buy anything in this sale,  I think it's great news for DAW users to see a heavy hitter with historically pricey product doing sales in this price range,  it's especially good news for those on tight budgets.

14 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Wow, those plugins are more than 10 years old!

Not those versions , the made mkii of the 1176 , la 2a , fairchild , pultec ..ect ... you have se version and legacy in the original bundle , dsp based .

if you buy it now i think you ll get only the new version ....

old version not only soounds still good but are super light on dsp .... hence their utility .

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

Same for me, just registered and it says the code is invalid. Will chech again tomorrow, but I doubt that's the issue.

I have paid out on them a bit over the years, so I probably deserve it not working 🤣

Not that I had definitely decided I wanted them, but I was interested to see if the discounted pricing worked, as there's no way I would pay full, or even half price for any of them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On the UAD forum it was mentioned that this coupon was targeted at those who don’t own an Apollo or UAD card. The was also mentioned some  subset UAD users did receive it as well. 

I didn’t get one but have all the plugins so it doesn’t really matter to me :)

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Greg said:

On the UAD forum it was mentioned that this coupon was targeted at those who don’t own an Apollo or UAD card. The was also mentioned some  subset UAD users did receive it as well. 

I didn’t get one but have all the plugins so it doesn’t really matter to me :)

I own an Apollo solo and it works for me, it does seem strange it’s only working for certain people. 

2 hours ago, Greg said:

this coupon was targeted at those who don’t own an Apollo or UAD card.

great. gotta love that loyalty program. i own a card, they must have figured i'm already bled dry.

2 hours ago, Greg said:

some  subset UAD users did receive it as well. 

not here.

2 hours ago, Greg said:

I didn’t get one but have all the plugins so it doesn’t really matter to me

it does here. the potential discounted price had me thinking it might be worth paying for the native versions for older projects if (when?) the current card fails.

fwiw, was derailed (rather expensively) when a card failed just after warranty was up. factoring in the cost of a 2nd card on top of their premium pricing put me on the path of sourcing native alternates for everything in their catalog. they are good/useful, but hardly exclusive these days.  ymmv.