Plugin Manager Update

Ricky Wayne Hunt

Will the Plugin Manager ever get updated??? If so, I have the following suggestions.

1. Search box  for the Layout box.

2. Cut/Copy/Paste -for Layout box. I sometimes want to move or copy a bunch of plugins at a time and this would be SO helpful.

3. A Comment "line" much like the Separation line. Or make the Separator line editable. 

4 . If I try to highlight more then 2 plugins to move one of the bunch always "unslelects" itself.

• Like 1

I also noted that some selected plugins unselect when selecting more than 2.

I would like to add this suggestion:

• a separate box that shows only the newly added plugins.

Names of plugins are not always exactly what you expect them to be and it can take a while before the new plugin is identified in the long list of already available plugins and different plugin categories (VST, VST3 etc.).

Such a separate box would also make it much easier when you just have installed a plugin bundle.

Sometimes a plugin shows as an instrument where I had expected it to be an effect, that also takes time to realise. A separate box with only the new installed plugins would overcome this issue.

If this is not feasible, maybe alternatively it could be possible to indicate the newly added plugins in bold. Not as useful, but still better than nothing...

32 minutes ago, Teegarden said:

I also noted that some selected plugins unselect when selecting more than 2.

I would like to add this suggestion:

• a separate box that shows only the newly added plugins.

Names of plugins are not always exactly what you expect them to be and it can take a while before the new plugin is identified in the long list of already available plugins and different plugin categories (VST, VST3 etc.).

Such a separate box would also make it much easier when you just have installed a plugin bundle.

Sometimes a plugin shows as an instrument where I had expected it to be an effect, that also takes time to realise. A separate box with only the new installed plugins would overcome this issue.

If this is not feasible, maybe alternatively it could be possible to indicate the newly added plugins in bold. Not as useful, but still better than nothing...

And allow the scanned plug-in log message “12 new plugins added 2 deleted” To stay on the screen. I don’t like to sit and wait on the scans. It is the perfect time for a fresh glass of water. It would be nice to see the numbers when I get back. The message is usually gone after I return.  Another thing that could help is to add a bottom section to the log file with the new and deleted plugins listed.  

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1