[Issue] How to choose the right pitch name?

Kinn2021

image.thumb.png.87501589d1fcedaad5d5b7a9ef82720c.png

As shown , writing midi in Cakewalk can display pitch names, but the pitch names seem to be fixed and cannot be adjusted for pitch.

For example, in the D natural major scale, I want to change D♭6 to C#5, what should I do?

Edited by Kinn2021

This is an existing anomaly and it can't be changed. Note names were introduced just a couple years ago and there are some issues. I have submitted an extensive proof and bug report to support and they are aware of it.

Also see this:

Maybe the bakers will find a fix for it soon.

Edited by OutrageProductions
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, OutrageProductions said:

This is an existing anomaly and it can't be changed. Note names were introduced just a couple years ago and there are some issues. I have submitted an extensive proof and bug report to support and they are aware of it.

Also see this:

Maybe the bakers will find a fix for it soon.

Thank you for your reply, I have understood.

I think this is a basic feature that desperately needs to be added, and the absence of this feature causes Cakewalk to not properly reflect the interval relationships in music theory. I hope it will be added in the near future.

In addition, thank you for your detailed notes and continued attention to the issue. 

9 minutes ago, Kinn2021 said:

...and the absence of this feature causes Cakewalk to not properly reflect the interval relationships in music theory. I hope it will be added in the near future.

I know. Like I stated, the note naming feature is a relatively recent addition, and while G# and Ab are technically identical, it can be confusing to my students when teaching music theory. 

The bakers have a lot on their plates currently, maybe this will be resolved in a future update.

• Like 1

• Kinn2021 changed the title to [Issue] How to choose the right pitch name?