Suggestion for improvements!

Giovani Dal Mas

Hello.
I've been using Cakewalk by BandLab for about 20 years and I love it!
Bandlab is doing great with the updates!
(I mean since it was 'SONAR')

Here are two little improvements that would make our life easier, specially for the users who make lots of exports a day like, it would save time!

1 - Make possible to assign a keyboard shortcut... or assign a button on the 'custom' bar buttons with this option:
Export -> Audio -> Mp3/Wav/Etc

2 - Currently, it does not save the last export settings when you export a mp3 file (I mean bit rate, stereo mode, etc).
If we had a way to set the default settings for this or at least keep the last used settings... so that we dont need to set it every time!

Best wishes!!!!

Presets save a lot of time, but a preset doesn't remember everything. For example, I usually have several busses for intermediate parts of the mix (vocals, drums, etc.). I have one master bus, and I only want to export from it. In the Export options, under "What To Export", I de-select all the busses except the master bus, and then export. I saved this setup as a preset, but I still have to de-select all the busses except the master bus every time I use Export. It would be really nice if the preset would remember everything, including which bus or busses I want exported.

• Great Idea 1

i use the task queue. by default, my templates have two "default export" which is simply a 2-track WAV or MP3 from the master buss with all (except the noise track) selected. in my record template a task to export each track into the /export audio/tracks folder.  and then in my master, i have 10 generic tasks, one per track, and i tailor each one - duration, mp3 metadata, etc. which exports the track as mp3 into the mastering project /export audio folder.

all this does a few things - i just check the box for which tasks i want to run, and done. the caveat is that if i add tracks, i have to recall task settings, do the updates, and save it. but reducing tracks is no problem. secondly i can export all tracks, a 2-track WAV, or 2-track mp3. each or all of the above.

Edited by Glenn Stanton

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 on Mp3 presets, bitrate and other mp3 related stuff within same export window without that pop up.

---

P.S. I would like to be able to change the order of File name>Location to Location>File name.  And also an option to get rid of that {projectname} in the type box. Just blank.