Ram Memory problem

Hello,

I have a very big RAM memory problem with Cakewalk.
Indeed, the DAW keeps in memory all the VSTs that I have opened and that I no longer use.
At the launch of my project, Cakewalk loads these VSTs into memory and therefore I have no more RAM available to work with.
In fact at the input of the track I have my midi keyboard at the output I load a vst Kontakt for the first time, a second time the vst falcon a third time the vst omnisphere.
Well I will always output these three vst which will be available although I no longer use them.
They will be loaded into memory. Cakewalk keeps the history of used VSTs and loads them.
So it's unplayable for me... Thank you

You must be opening a project or a template that contains these instruments. Cakewalk does not load VST's just upon opening.  If you no longer use these instruments then you could try to delete them off your hardrive.  If you still use them but just not in the particular project then make sure you remove not just the track but the instrument themselves from the synth rack.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Browser.11.html

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.
Are you seeing the VST scan run when you first open up Cakewalk? Cakewalk is not loading those, just checking to see what is there. You can turn that off, since once it knows what is there, it doesn't need to be reminded of it every time unless you install some new VSTs. Then you can run the VST scanner manually. Recommended.
Antway, like reginaldStjohn wrote, open a new project and see what happens.

• Like 1