Flying V

Sheens

Would like a Flying V some time maybe..

Kirk Hammett's costs only 15.890 Euro, or should I get 26 Epiphones at 609 instead ?

Kirk's is WAY cheaper than Gene's/Paul's guitars from the KISS webshop btw.

Or Hetfield's 'Kill 'm All' V on sale for 436 ?

james.jpg

Edited by Sheens

yeah on Aliexpress I would need to find a store with many good reviews (customer pics)... and then it's still a gamble.

(I did get a lot of good quality/crazy cheap guitar parts @ Aliexpress).

probably will get a used Epiphone some day.

Edited by Sheens

Can attest that Agile makes some fine instruments!

As for Flying-V's, this was mine (and, no, I couldn't play it sitting down! 😆).

Epiphone-Korina-V-1.jpg

I got to use a black one for my one, big gig where we opened for Blue Oyster Cult.  Wish I still had the picture for that one!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

If you're gonna get some guitar which is a copy of some other brand, at least get a Xaviere, Agile or Harley Benton. At lest these have some level of quality to them are are not what people call a Chibson.

I got Chibson decals from Jeff in Idaho USA, his decals are awesome.

Supernice guy, guess he'd make custom decals too, after buying several he added some for free.

They can be testfitted/alligned, and then just push them on the headstock, peal off the plastic -> done

(they just glue on, no 'waterslide' method).

Then I spray clearcoat over.

https://www.ebay.nl/str/jbjbgraphicsusa

s-l1600.jpg 

Edited by Sheens

I've always liked Flying V's .Someday I would like to get myself a Gibson ...IMHO they have a really nice sound for Blues and Rock.

Back in the late 80's I had an  MIJ Aria Pro  V style guitar  like the pic  . This thing Rocked! . It had a bolt on neck which I'm OK with as a Fender player ...notice the trem                                                                             

cbfdrvaifstlcoekgqjd.jpg        

eu1amm02csqhlie2b8fa.jpg 

Good luck , I hope we both get one ,

Kenny                                

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my Chibson SG (have 2 SG'S + 2 Les Pauls).

it's a Vintage VS6

removed neck pickup/toneknobs etc, put in a Roswell UK alnico 2 paf humbucker (sound really nice and SUPER quiet/low noise).

then stainless steel frets, graphtech nut, nickel hardware and Kluson nickel tuners, new headstock decal.

mysg1.jpg

mysg3.jpgmysg2.jpg

Edited by Sheens
  • Like 1

A friend of mine bought a V one time. It could never be set up properly and played like 💩, according to him.

He got so frustrated with it that he took it out in his back yard,  dumped gas on it, and burned it.

True story. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

A friend of mine bought a V one time. It could never be set up properly and played like 💩, according to him.

He got so frustrated with it that he took it out in his back yard,  dumped gas on it, and burned it.

True story. 

Probably a warped neck, bought an old Tenson SG like that to 'make my own custom SG'.

Only after sanding the paint down for many hours, I noticed it.

Awell, better than after painting and putting new parts on it

That one ended in the stove.

Risky to buy a cheopo 80's/90's Gibson copy ! 

Typical, the guy selling it to me had plenty money and didn't have to screw me for a few bucks.

Feel sorry for someone like that, nonetheless my Voodoo ritual or karma probably got back to him.

Edited by Sheens

think saw him at Moulin Blues Festival here in 90's / should have his live CD somewhere.

not into blues really, do like Lonnie (and Walter Trout and ZZTop)

4342592.jpg

Edited by Sheens