Positive Grid Bias FX2 LE Free

Brian Cadoret

The only difference between this and the standard version of BIAS FX 2 (which I have), are these:

Factory Presets: 24. Standard has 70.
Amps: 15. Standard has 30.
Effects: 22. Standard has 43.
Guitar Match Targets: 2. Standard has 4.

Both versions don't support Automation, MIDI and you can't load your own IRs. You need the Professional or Elite versions for that.  It might be an interesting one to try. In certain aspects, it's better than the free version of Amplitube 5. It has more bass amps, has the acoustic sim pedal and apparently, you have all cabinet models on all versions, even for amps you don't have, whilst Amplitube has that annoying cabinet linking thing that requires you to have a licensed for both the amp and the cabinet that matches it, as it doesn't look for the closest cabinet you have even when you have it set up to only show the stuff you have licenses for.

One thing I'm a bit suspicious is why BIAS is asking for your phone number. I thought companies stopped with this following the whole GDPR thing from a few years ago.

EDIT - I reinstalled it and yes, you get all cabinets on any version, even the demo.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino
  • Like 4

"*We currently do not support offline activation for our software products. Internet connection is required to activate your license. This is both for security and combating software piracy."

They don't get it! Very weird explanation for spying on customers and also it is surely not for the security of customers! Meh!

8 minutes ago, MarcL said:

"*We currently do not support offline activation for our software products. Internet connection is required to activate your license. This is both for security and combating software piracy."

They don't get it! Very weird explanation for spying on customers and also it is surely not for the security of customers! Meh!

And what exactly is it you think they’re spying? It’s an activation. Then you can unplug your computer from the web again and breathe. 

Edited by MrFigg

17 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I spoke with someone trying to get a copy of that and, did someone manage to successfully do it? Guy has tried several times and never receives the email with the redeem code.

Last time it was free I tried and tried but couldn't get it.

I tried this time and it said my account had been deleted so I tried to open a new account but it said my email had already been used. Then I opened a new account with a different email address and got through using the link above. So...yes. Got it.

1 hour ago, MrFigg said:

And what exactly is it you think they’re spying? It’s an activation. Then you can unplug your computer from the web again and breathe. 

I don't like that too many programs/plugins (try to) access the internet on my PCs! Do you really know what all of them do on your systems? Can you be sure that all of them are programmed safely? I think the risk of fraud grows with the number of programs accessing the internet, that's that simple IMHO!

1 minute ago, MarcL said:

I don't like that too many programs/plugins (try to) access the internet on my PCs! Do you really know what all of them do on your systems? Can you be sure that all of them are programmed safely? I think the risk of fraud grows with the number of programs accessing the internet, that's that simple IMHO!

Fair enough. Of course I can't be sure but I don't reckon Positive Grid are in it to hack your private files. Again, I may be wrong. I just activated it in any case and it's great. Positive Grid are welcome to access all my Swiss bank accounts and Dark Web side projects if they want.

• Haha 2

By the way, it maybe also a performance aspect if all 100 plugins used in a project access the internet (to check version ...) when I open the project! Is this the future? It is like Windows (I don't know about Mac!) that needs all the power on my laptop if I start it and the internet is on! That's crazy, you are not the master of your own hardware anymore!

38 minutes ago, MarcL said:

That's fair enough, but chances are they already have your details from when you purchased the plugin. Also, you'll know if they access the vital parts of your system because you'll get a popup asking for admin permissions.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MarcL said:

By the way, it maybe also a performance aspect if all 100 plugins used in a project access the internet (to check version ...) when I open the project! Is this the future? It is like Windows (I don't know about Mac!) that needs all the power on my laptop if I start it and the internet is on! That's crazy, you are not the master of your own hardware anymore!

I feel that but with Waves plugins. Their anti-piracy scheme involves launching a server instance for each plugin version you have and have them constantly running and doing whatever on the background. That can slow down your whole system.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrFigg said:

Last time it was free I tried and tried but couldn't get it.

I tried this time and it said my account had been deleted so I tried to open a new account but it said my email had already been used. Then I opened a new account with a different email address and got through using the link above. So...yes. Got it.

I guess the thing is country based? I asked the person to do it and also did it myself with another email I have to test it and nothing. I stopped using the plugin because the UI would often get blurry (the same kind of blurry you get on IK's MixBox when you're not running the plugin on a 4k display) and was very unresponsive and cluttered.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

• 3 weeks later...

I've had BIAS FX 2 LE since 2020 but haven't been using it.  This post got me to update and take a look at it again.  It now has three new Remaster Series amps (Blackface, Plexi Lead, and Treadplate).  The previous amps are now under Legacy Series.  I don't recall that Guitar Match was unlocked in LE before so it's nice to see that feature now available.

Edited by ALC

On 5/9/2023 at 1:05 PM, MrFigg said:

Fair enough. Of course I can't be sure but I don't reckon Positive Grid are in it to hack your private files. Again, I may be wrong. I just activated it in any case and it's great. Positive Grid are welcome to access all my Swiss bank accounts and Dark Web side projects if they want.

I doubt they are doing anything nefarious either, however, they are, like many developers these days, fooled into believing that somehow they are making a positive impact on sales by fighting piracy (an industry of nefarious people who will never be customers anyway and just cost developers money wasted fighting piracy rather than giving customers extra savings or putting that money towards improving the development...) but I digress.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2023 at 4:33 PM, MarcL said:

Tell that to Waves plugins and their HTML interfaces which require spinning a local server for each version of their plugin you have installed. I'm pretty sure that's not gonna introduce any overhead into your system because it's not connected to the internet, right?

• Like 2

On 5/26/2023 at 2:49 AM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Just as an update, this offer is still available and someone found a way of making it work. You have to disable any adblockers you have when you go to the page. Then you can do the form and it should send an email to you within a few seconds.

That actually worked for me. I tried a few times the other day and never got an email.

5 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Tell that to Waves plugins and their HTML interfaces which require spinning a local server for each version of their plugin you have installed. I'm pretty sure that's not gonna introduce any overhead into your system because it's not connected to the internet, right?

Usually I only have my old laptop connected to the internet. My main production system gets rarely internet access for some installation things that cannot be done offline  (e.g. NI). But never when I am working on music. And as my recording room in the barn has no internet the older W7 pc there has almost never a connection (like this W7 is more secure like W11 😆).

In respect of Waves I have decided some years ago not to use their plugins (main reason is the plugin shell trouble and authorization).