NotABug: 2019.07 ignoring theme Clip Background (Even/Odd)? [SOLVED]

Colin Nicholls

SOLUTION:

Re-selecting the present under to Preferences -> Colors page to "Normal" resolved this issue. Cakewalk is now respecting the Clip Background colors of the selected theme.

Leaving this here in case it helps others in the future. Sorry for the confusion.

ORIGINAL POST:

Theme Polar Blue (SteveC) in SONAR Platinum:

SONAR_Platinum_PolarBlue.PNG.f69012bd2216d15124ad59ee66a46729.PNG

Theme Polar Blue (SteveC) in Cakewalk 2019.07:

Cakewalk_201907_PolarBlue.PNG.ba7d843a3c0b1d327737afacd8cf9cda.PNG

In case it is not obvious, in 2019.07 the clip background color is not being respected from the theme, but is retaining the default dark colors from the underlying Mercury/Tungsten themes.

I think this reverted with 2019.07. I am going to try and revert to an earlier release of Cakewalk to see if I can  isolate this change.

Themers, please let me know if I am being crazy here...

Additional Info:

I do believe that the base themes Mercury and Tungsten are also not respecting their previous colors. If you switch between Mercury and Tungsten in SONAR Platinum, you can see the Clip Background colors do change slightly. In 2019.07, however, this is not happening - the colors are the same in both themes.

UPDATE:

I reverted to 2019.01, then 2018.08,  and they are behaving the same way. I could swear this is a relatively recent change but perhaps I'm crazy. Or, perhaps during the re-install, a later component (with the bug) is not changed but stays at the 2019.07 version?

Edited by Colin Nicholls
SteveC reminded me that a Colors->Preset other than Normal will cause this to happen. Nothing to see here. Move along
  • Thanks 1

They seem to be OK here using both the original and your updated 2019 version.   Any chance they're being overidden at the Colors level?   Selecting anything other than the Normal preset can darken those, even using Bright...  as counter-intuitive as that seems.

15 minutes ago, SteveC said:

They seem to be OK here using both the original and your updated 2019 version.   Any chance they're being overidden at the Colors level?   Selecting anything other than the Normal preset can darken those, even using Bright...  as counter-intuitive as that seems.

Oh for goodness' sake. I seem to be striking 0/2 recently. This is going to seriously damage my reputation.

You are correct, Steve, it seems that somehow my environment changed such that, when I explicitly reselect the "Normal" preset under the Colors preference, the problem goes away. Arghh. I'll update my post above to reflect this.

• 3 months later...