Dimension Pro

StarTekh

You should probably invest in a quality audio interface for your audio output. The built-in PC audio is really designed for headphones or PC speakers.

A real audio interface would give you a better line level audio signal to connect to a PA system.

The good news is that many of them have a built-in 5-pin MIDI interface.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

Thanks for the Link and Input : Laptop is A Lenovo  intel core 2 duo cpu T5250 @ 1.5ghz   win 7/32 2g mem...  Think it will cut it ? 

As for interface would A Behringer UMC 204HD work well...... and is there a difference in audio quality between this and a say A Focusrite unit ?

2GB of RAM may be a problem. It has been some time since I had access to a 32bit machine. Never used DP much and don't have many of the larger/newer DP libraries. I know that there are a couple of Rapture Pro programs that are too large for 32bit machines. May want to check the libraries you plan to use on your existing hardware and see how much memory they use. DP does not stream samples. All samples must be loaded into memory.

I would probably opt for something that has a 64-bit OS,  at least 8GB of RAM, and at least a 3.0GHz dual core CPU.  SSD drive wouldn't hurt, either!

Surely there are some inexpensive refurbs for sale with these specs...

On 8/8/2019 at 2:15 PM, StarTekh said:

Thanks for the Link and Input : Laptop is A Lenovo  intel core 2 duo cpu T5250 @ 1.5ghz   win 7/32 2g mem...  Think it will cut it ? 

As for interface would A Behringer UMC 204HD work well...... and is there a difference in audio quality between this and a say A Focusrite unit ?

Those are cell phone specs.  No audio interface is going to make that better.