Owner of a Lonely Heart (reimagined) plugins

I came across this video where Trevor Horn shows his DAW session for the Yes track "Owner of a Lonely Heart" . Of course, the choice of plugins did catch my eye. Soundtoys, Altiverb and many Waves, (Puigtec 660,  Puigchild MEQ5, Vintage compressor, C4, SSLComp, L2, Kramer HLS, RVox), and a phoenixd that I'm not quite sure what it is (phoenixverb?)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

I came across this video where Trevor Horn shows his DAW session for the Yes track "Owner of a Lonely Heart" . Of course, the choice of plugins did catch my eye. Soundtoys, Altiverb and many Waves, (Puigtec 660,  Puigchild MEQ5, Vintage compressor, C4, SSLComp, L2, Kramer HLS, RVox), and a phoenixd that I'm not quite sure what it is (phoenixverb?)

I'm trying to find where he lists them.

Phoenix (and its successors, Nimbus and Stratus) Reverb is the best sounding reverb I've yet to hear.

2 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'm trying to find where he lists them.

Phoenix (and its successors, Nimbus and Stratus) Reverb is the best sounding reverb I've yet to hear.

He is not listing them, you can see them in the daw screen at various points

Because of how Pro Tools abbreviates the names, I am not sure if "phoenixd" is Phoenixverb or something else, the 3D reverbs by exponential audio would have been stratus or symphony, not pohoenixverb so I don't know where that "d" could be coming from (but I don't know either other plugins with names that start with phoenix)

3 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

He is not listing them, you can see them in the daw screen at various points

Because of how Pro Tools abbreviates the names, I am not sure if "phoenixd" is Phoenixverb or something else, the 3D reverbs by exponential audio would have been stratus or symphony, not pohoenixverb so I don't know where that "d" could be coming from (but I don't know either other plugins with names that start with phoenix)

Phoenix did come in a surround version. Who knows.

I’m tickled that one of my favorite musicians/producers would share my taste in reverbs, especially if he’s using Phoenix rather than Nimbus or Stratus (both of which I also have).

I still listen to the first Buggles album to this day. He’s a ferocious bass player.

On 5/8/2023 at 10:40 PM, kperry said:

Interesting video and his take on things, but, jeez, the new version is dire!

So he did a good job of replicating the original then.

Sorry - I can't resist an open goal. 

Edited by Wibbles