We're Going There

KSband

@KSband Very enjoyable, and a great recording, sax is very breathy and smooth sounding . . . nice change ups throughout ! You have the instruments very out front, I wonder if the drum kit needs a nudge . . . I hear hand percussion blending in very well, but the kit seems in the outback. Great Friday night listen for me, certainly helps take the edge off a long week, merci beaucoup from Canada !

• Like 1

I love those smooth horns and chill arrangement.  Your EQ profile is buttery, something I could use more of.  This is just the kind of song that I like to listen to at the end of a long, hard day, or seeing my dog or cat in such a predicament :)

• Like 1

I missed the first version. This sounds Real smooth and as Lynn said   "buttery" . I wish I hadn't read the comments before listening (I normally don't) but , I was really wanting to hear the drums More forward driving the sax. I can't be sure now how I would have felt about the drums and percussion without my attention focused on them. I do think drive and smooth can live together ..  Enjoyed your playing  ..         mark

On 5/14/2023 at 3:03 AM, bjornpdx said:

So smooth. Wonderful sax tone. Also this is one of those songs where I really notice the bass and appreciate how it contributes to the song.
-Bjorn

What Bjorn said.  Bass and sax work wonderfully together.  Excellent tune.