OrangeTreeSamples Chapman Stick

Fleer

Sounds great! Okay, it's time for me to finally buy another SSD (I have like 1.5 TB total left on theee SSDs). I've been putting it off. The demos are motivating me to finally order one! (I saw Larry's  recent posts for 2TB SSDs and I suppose I'll use them to find a good deal on a 4TB SSD). 

EDIT: Wow. Skipping my morning coffee had a profound effect on me! I originally wrote GB instead of TB. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, PavlovsCat said:

Sounds great! Okay, it's time for me to finally buy another SSD (I have like 1.5 GB total left on theee SSDs). I've been putting it off. The demos are motivating me to finally order one! (I saw Larry's  recent posts for 2GB SSDs and I suppose I'll use them to find a good deal on a 4GB SSD). 

You want to say terabytes, right? :)

• Haha 3

Description: 

Looking like an instrument from the future, the Chapman Stick has a range and playability reminiscent of a piano, combined with the expressiveness and tone of a guitar/bass hybrid. The Stick is held vertically and played with both hands using a technique known as tapping. Rather than plucking or using a pick, tapping involves rapidly pressing the strings into the frets to cause notes to sound. This unique invention has a distinctive, harmonically-rich sound capable of percussive staccatos, sparkling chords, and buttery smooth melodies.

Evolution 10 String Stick lets you experience this truly amazing sound in a virtual capacity, meticulously sampled to recreate all the capabilities of the original instrument.

The standard model Stick features ten strings, divided into a set of five treble strings and five bass strings, giving it a playable range of over 5 octaves. We sampled each string individually, all the way up the instrument’s expansive fretboard. Evolution 10 String Stick automatically determines which strings and frets to use based on adjustable positions for both hands. You can also select where the split point is between the treble and bass ranges on the keyboard. Having factors like these automated make it a breeze to play from a MIDI keyboard, all while sounding natural and authentic.

We developed the library in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company, one of Utah's most venerable recording studios. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, incorporated analog audio equipment to skillfully sculpt and emphasize the rich tonal qualities of the instrument. Evolution 10 String Stick includes both the as-recorded signal as well as an enhanced signal that can be blended to your taste.

We can’t wait for you to explore all the features and presets included in Evolution 10 String Stick and let its unique sound bring inspiration to your musical creations.

Key features:

14.5 GB of uncompressed samples covering articulations such as sustains, muted notes, natural harmonics, plus special effects like string slaps and divebombs.

Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.

Pricing:
$139 USD (regularly $179). This $40 off introductory discount lasts until May 26th, 2023.

Format:
This sample library is powered by the KONTAKT Player, so it does not require any additional software.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

You want to say terabytes, right? :)

Hahaha! Yeah. Oops! I usually have one to two cups of coffee in the morning by the time I posted that and I'm only having my first cup now, after lunch, so I'll attribute my error to a lack of coffee. Clearly, I need to stick to my regular schedule.  

1 minute ago, PavlovsCat said:

Hahaha! Yeah. Oops! I usually have one to two cups of coffee in the morning by the time I posted that and I'm only having my first cup now, after lunch, so I'll attribute my error to a lack of coffee. Clearly, I need to stick to my regular schedule.  

I have two cups of excellent Italian coffee every morning, too. Without it, I am not fully functional, so I understand. 

Honestly, I've stopped buying libraries and work only with a small set because I don't want to be a librarian. But that's just me. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

I have two cups of excellent Italian coffee every morning, too. Without it, I am not fully functional, so I understand. 

Honestly, I've stopped buying libraries and work only with a small set because I don't want to be a librarian. But that's just me. 

Share your ways, wise one.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Technostica said:

Amazing instrument.  Only heard one played once I think and that was 40 years ago by Tony Levin with King Crimson.
Fantastic band on the Discipline album and tour.

My dad once shared his impression of the public reaction when 21st Century Schizoid Man came out. Everyone was going crazy and nobody had ever heard anything like it. And 1 or 2 years later ELP releases The Barbarian with that bass line straight from hell and it sounded exactly as insane live. No studio tricks. What an amazing time to be alive that was.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Technostica said:

Amazing instrument.  Only heard one played once I think and that was 40 years ago by Tony Levin with King Crimson.
Fantastic band on the Discipline album and tour.

I love that period of the band! Tony Levin is a killer bass player one of my absolute favs. I really enjoyed Adrian Belew's songwriting contributions to the band and Bill Bruford is one of my all time favorite rock drummers whether it's with Crimson, Yes, Earthworks, Patrick Moraz...

• Like 2