8DIO 8th Anniversary Flash Sale

cclarry

Celebrate our 8th Anniversary with 40% off ALL eligible Products and Bundles.
Apply the code L8VE at checkout for the discount!

(Code applies to ALL Products And Bundles, except Prophet Hardware and Flash Sales)

40% of with code L8VE
https://8dio.com/instrument-category/8dio-instruments-on-sale-vst-au-aax-kontakt-instrument-samples/?utm_source=8DIO+Newsletter&utm_campaign=6274e67902-lov8+orchestral+week&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_bfb160c302-6274e67902-298264053&mc_cid=6274e67902&mc_eid=48c5d3390b

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glyn Barnes said:

some of the flash sale items have much bigger discounts than 40%. So there are very good deals even if the coupons don't work.

Also personal 50% discounts have been sent to "VIP" customers so if you are an existing customer check your emails.

Existing but no VIP 😪

• Sad 1

I am seriously considering the electric violin and cello, the demo videos sound excellent. The clarinet is also tempting at $28. I have some password reset issues at the moment which will give me some more thinking time.

The flash sale is certainly the thing to watch as the discounts there are much better than the coupon codes. it says "Check back for new promotions, releases, and a new set of weekly flash sales all month long." so it may be worth waiting to see what comes along before using the coupon.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fleer said:

OK, back on the fence. 

Me too! I had a long listen to the electric violin and cello but didn't really like how they sounded. I really like Claire Flute and Clarinet but I have those instruments covered elsewhere albeit not quite so nice sounding. 

• Like 1

Well, i ignored the advice 😁 and bought the violin and cello. I have only had a brief run through the NKIs and I think I will find them useful. I have been looking for an electric violin library for some time for a project where I want something a little different from my standard violin libraries.

I need to dig deeper though and work out the best way of switching articulations (at first glance there do not appear to be key-switches). It may need multiple instances to get the full performance???

I had a quick look at the included effects, they provide a reasonable variety of sound shaping such a screamer, distortion, chorus, rotor, phaser, delay etc. but I think I will probably end up running through Amplitube most of the time.

15 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Once all those Fx's are added, it turns into a Les Paul.

I think they need to go through an amp or amp sim at least, just like an electric guitar, I think there is some amp/cab baled into the sound but Amplitube improves the sound a lot, in a way I have not achieved by putting a regular violin library through an amp sim.

19 minutes ago, Fleer said:

And the cello? What about that Electric Cello ?

Very comparable to the violin, the same comments apply. (except its lower 😅)

I am probably not going to get much chance to play further until the end of the deal.

Edited by Glyn Barnes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1