JS80P Is A FREE Yamaha CS-80 Emulation

satya

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2023/05/04/js80p/

Attila M. Magyar released JS80P, a FREE and open-source Yamaha CS-80 synth emulation in VST and FST plugin formats for Windows and Linux.

JS80P comes from developer Attila M. Magyar, and it’s free to download via his GitHub page

https://github.com/attilammagyar/js80p

Operating System: Windows 7 or newer, or Linux (e.g. Ubuntu 20.04 or newer)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

Thanks for the link, but we should to think that our machine resources that are limited

To use a virtual machine you have to share the resources (memory, processor, etc) between the real OS and the virtual machine, and in my case, if I do that, I will have problems mixing and mastering my songs

You suggestion is a possibility, yes, but in my case is not the ideal one

The other option is to use a dual boot loader to load Windows on my Mac, with the possibility to use both (one or other) when I need... but I will be sharing the same hard disk losting a part of the hard disk for one or other OS

I prefer don't use a plugin instead of pay a high cost to do it possible

16 minutes ago, Niky Serrano said:

You suggestion is a possibility, yes, but in my case is not the ideal one

Yes it's fine for production n making samples , but not for mixing n mastering 

• Like 1

Since it is an open source project, you may want to try compiling it for macOS and see if it works (it's quite possible that the developer didn't make a macOS version simply because he didn't have a macOS machine, so if you get it working maybe you can send the update to the original developer)

Nowadays that chatgpt is "smart enough" to make VST plugins, maybe it can add a macOS build to existing plugin code ?