The Songbird-Original Instrumental

Johnbee58

I posted this before a few years ago.  I don't remember how it was received but I'm  posting it again because I recently bought a sample library called "Light as a Flautist" by Straight Ahead Samples and I wanted to try it out right away without having to wait for another idea to come by.  This song has a flute duet so I just replaced the original samples I used  with the new sample library.   If you never heard of Straight Ahead Samples you should check it out,  The sampling technology is amazing. I also have the tenor sax program which I featured in the last song I posted.  So, I hope you can enjoy "The Songbird".

😀 John B

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14593334

Straight Ahead Samples Info  https://www.straightaheadsamples.com/

• Like 4

The flute stands out really well, one of the better sampled instruments I've heard.  Very nice melody on top of a jazzy score.

Bonus:
The birder that I am had to ID the bird in the picture. It's an Eastern Yellow Robin that lives in Australia.

-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

Yes smooth. The flute sounds great, nice melodies and harmonies. Very pleasant mood with some changes now and then. Very nice. Never forget when my rock loving son first heard me play a Peter Tosh song and it had bird sounds in it, he was amused.

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2023 at 5:00 PM, bjornpdx said:

The flute stands out really well, one of the better sampled instruments I've heard.  Very nice melody on top of a jazzy score.

Bonus:
The birder that I am had to ID the bird in the picture. It's an Eastern Yellow Robin that lives in Australia.

-Bjorn

Thanks @bjornpdx!  Actually, I made a slideshow video for this song, but now that I've "redone" the music I'm going to have to update it before I put it back up on YT.  In the video I picture and identify several birds.  So, since you're a "birder" I'll try to remember to PM you when I re post it back to YT.😉

😀John B

On 5/6/2023 at 12:54 AM, noynekker said:

Well done John, the background bird ambience and the flutes work most effectively . . . yes, most amazing sampled flute sounds I've heard, interesting blend of technology and nature you've accomplished here ! 

Thanks @noynekker for listening and commenting.

😀

On 5/6/2023 at 5:04 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi John

Flute sounds excellent and a very enjoyable song - on the mix i just thought the shakers sounded a little to far forward, apart from that all good.

Cool stuff

Nigel

@Bajan Blue Thanks for the feedback, Nigel.  I'll investigate the shaker.

🙂John B

5 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

This is a beautiful, haunting piece which reflects your sophistication as a songwriter and arranger.  Lovely flutes!  I'm checking them out, thanks.

@Lynn WilsonThanks so much, Lynn.  I can imagine you getting quite a bit of use from SA samples.  I think you'd like them!

🙂John B

3 hours ago, treesha said:

Yes smooth. The flute sounds great, nice melodies and harmonies. Very pleasant mood with some changes now and then. Very nice. Never forget when my rock loving son first heard me play a Peter Tosh song and it had bird sounds in it, he was amused.

@treeshaThanks so much for listening, treesha!

😀John B

On 5/10/2023 at 6:46 PM, Jesse Screed said:

pump the keys until 27 to low

at 39 those vocal whatevers are to loud dial back

nice bass, but pull it back when flute comes in

nix drumss at 129, or build them in

really dig the bass

at 200 let that key thing ride alone

but nice work you

@Jesse ScreedThank you so much for the feedback, Jesse!

😀John B

Also, thanks to @AndyB01 & @Ross Smithe for the positive reaction.

🙂JB

Edited by Johnbee58