Vegas Pro 17 now Available

cclarry

More than 30 new features.

Discover the new version 17.

VEGAS Pro 17 has just arrived and provides more than 30 new features that will supercharge your video production and let your creativity flourish. Handle even bigger projects with nested timelines. Industry-leading HDR support lets you work with HLG or HDR10 files in the ACES 1.1. Prepare yourself for the most efficient VEGAS Pro version yet.

Learn more

Upgrades from $199

Their upgrades are a rip off IMO I upgraded to version 16 about 3 months ago and expect me to upgrade to 17 for another £199. I did contact them to complain. I wouldn't mind so much if it had been maybe 8 months or more.

this was their reply...

Thank you for your request.

We understand your annoyance that the program you bought some time ago has now been released in a new version. As the owner of a previous version, you have already received an upgrade offer from us, which offers you a significant price advantage. Since we release a new version once a year, your purchase is not so timely that a free upgrade would be possible.

We hope for your understanding. 

Best regards,
MAGIX Software GmbH 

• Like 1

I'm waiting until Black Friday to decide if I will upgrade to Vegas Pro 17.  Note that some of the new features are only in the more expensive Suite, not in the regular Vegas Pro. 

Last year on BF there wasn't a huge discount on the Vegas Pro upgrade, but there were more plugins with it.  If you like getting more filters, transitions, etc., then it's worth waiting,