Waves Voltage Amps

cclarry

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

They keep releasing "new" amp plugins and continue to neglect GTR...

It's pretty sad

A bazillion percent AGREED! Also speaking of sadness, does Waves know NAM exists? The examples vid isn't very impressive considering the current quality level of amp modelling. $29 is significantly more pricey than compared with completely free. Why it's an entirety of 29 buckeroonies more than zilch, if I am not mistaken.🤑

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Royal Yaksman said:

does Waves know NAM exists? $29 is significantly more pricey than compared with completely free. 

That's a great line and made me laugh out loud.  I'm deeply tempted to forward it on to Waves.  

Also, if you like NAM give guitarML a look.  It's free and uses the same technology.  https://guitarml.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have Waves Mercury, so I was able to have a little play with this last night.   I'm not really a guitar player, but this certainly doesn't seem to add anything  if you already have NI's Guitar Rig or IK's Amplitube. (or any other decent hardware modeler).  It did seem to be low on CPU.  My advice is to skip it, unless you have Mercury - then it is just another tool in the box.

• Like 1