Please relocate "Arranger Sections" export parameter::.

MarianoGF

Dear staff,
First of all, thanks for such an awesome work. Cakewalk was never better than today.

Just let me make an observation into the Export Menu:
Since  the "Arranger Sections" export parameter is located into WHAT TO EXPORT list, It is implied that only sections of the entire mix can be exported. Nowadays it's not possible in Cakewalk to export sections of separated tracks or busses at once.
What if the "Arranger Sections" export parameter is relocated to the RANGE list? Simply because sections are a time range concept. That way we can export some sections of separated tracks or busses, and not only of the entire mix.

Please, tell me if my observation is correct or not.
Thanks!

vjITmZS.jpeg        1fa0Hp7.jpeg

Edited by MarianoGF

• 2 months later...

As it stands, you pick "Arranger Sections" from the source category then choose which arranger sections you want to export in the sources area.

You can easily do separate tracks / buses by using the selection fly-out,  soloing the tracks/buses you want (or muting the ones you don't), and adding separate tasks for each one.

With your suggestion, there would be no way to chose which arranger sections you wanted to export.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 6:12 AM, msmcleod said:

As it stands, you pick "Arranger Sections" from the source category then choose which arranger sections you want to export in the sources area.

You can easily do separate tracks / buses by using the selection fly-out,  soloing the tracks/buses you want (or muting the ones you don't), and adding separate tasks for each one.

With your suggestion, there would be no way to chose which arranger sections you wanted to export.

If you replace the time selection with another menu that allowed you to select which sections you want when you have that selected, you can. That would be just moving said menu from where it is now to the new place.