Fix request: Increase control size of the default plugin UI

petemus

9 hours ago, Chuck E Baby said:

I don't know of any plug ins that don't supply a GUI

Hie on over to the Favorite Freeware FX thread and hit up Airwindows.

The guy is a brilliant DSP engineer, but likes to work alone, I think.  That extends to partnering with someone to do GUI's.

From what I've read in his blog, he's even a bit contemptuous of GUI's. Oh well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Hie on over to the Favorite Freeware FX thread and hit up Airwindows.

The guy is a brilliant DSP engineer, but likes to work alone, I think.  That extends to partnering with someone to do GUI's.

From what I've read in his blog, he's even a bit contemptuous of GUI's. Oh well.

That BassDrive IS an Airwindows plugin. These plugins are numerous and some are quite interesting... I guess the Airwindows motto is: "In the mix, no-one can hear your screen."   😁

13 hours ago, petemus said:

You could read it well back then, not so much today

My eyes have gotten worse with age. I can totally see where your coming from.

That BassDrive plug in does have some nice fonts. What really impresses me is its light blue/off white background, the black fonts stand right out.

It doesn't look aesthetically beautiful, which is what most plug in developers pride themselves on now a days (a realistic looking GUI). But in my opinion, what ever gets the job done.

This is what BassDrive looks like in Logic (snipped out of one of Airwindows' videos):

image.png.4fa4b9fab09779a0929bbfd414b638a3.png

Something like this is all I'm after. I guess a few more pixels have been put into use here - with a proper scalable font and not the a-few-pixels-by-a-few-pixels bitmapped relic font that's still in use in Cakewalk.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...