Whiskey Do Me In

johnegenes@gmail.com

This is some great musical story telling.  You have indeed captured that country "cookin'" with the music  ---  especially with that guitar work.  That baritone voice sounds great and that video was the icing on the cake.  Well done!!!

The story line and music work for me. Depicts the dingy side of substance abuse, which is indeed a hell unto itself. But the poverty that pops out in the pictures comes from many directions. No doubt, many turn to substances to escape mental depression. So while you were focusing on the substance abuse, all the other issues underneath it popped out for me. I think it's important to note that the rich are not immune from the desire to escape the reality around them. You could easily frame the substance abuse issue in their worldview as well.

All the above aside, you did a wonderful job here. You performed the music with a very noticeable level of talent. It pulled me in immediately and held my attention. It really doesn't get better than that for me. Very cool, thought-provoking, and a joy to listen to. Excellent work!

• Like 1

The whiskey almost did my incredible guitarist nephew in for good. He's now clean  sober and playing again. I just learned he left Mexico on may 1st attempting to backpack the entire Continental Divide trail to Canada. He completed  the Appalacian trail 4 years ago.   He told me   "life is nice not being in the fog , it didn't kill me and now Nothing can stop me"

Edited by mark skinner

I really loved this - top notch writing, performance and production - you had me from the opening riff.

One really minor crit if I'm allowed - I'd have loved a hard stop ending instead of a fade.

Terrific work.

Andy

• Like 1