Changed tempo by having clips follow tempo change

AB9

Greetings:

I arranged to have my clips follow the project.  I changed the tempo of the project a little bit slower.  The clips exhibited the tempo change within very little audio quality loss.

But this worked a lot quicker than when I change duration by applying Elastique Pro, for instance, which ends up changing the tempo by stretching or reducing the clips with that.

So, I am wondering, what does Cakewalk use when the methods of having clips follow the project, changing the tempo map, and the clips exhibit that change?  Is it Elastique or something else?

Thank you!

I wonder if I have not phrased the question well.  Otherwise, if someone knows what Cakewalk uses to change the audio when the audio changes to follow a new tempo using the clips follow tempo setting, please let me know.  Thank you!

Thank you.  I wonder which one I used by default!  Guess I will have to check because it did sound good.

Here is the nice listing of choices in the documentation link you provided above:

Offline. This drop-down menu lets you choose the algorithm that is used when you export or freeze stretched audio. The choices in the drop-down menu are as follows:

Radius Mix. Better for clips containing polyphonic, stereo data.

Radius Mix Advanced. Similar to Radius Mix, but exposes Radius Pitch Coherence and Radius Phase Coherence sliders in Edit > Preferences > Audio - Playback and Recording.

Radius Solo. Better for clips containing monophonic, solo instruments.

Radius Solo (Bass). Better for clips containing solo bass instruments.

Radius Solo (Vocal). Better for clips containing solo vocals.

Elastique Pro. Elastique Pro is a general purpose high quality time-stretching engine that fulfills the demands of professional productions and broadcast applications. It minimizes stretching artifacts, offers stable timing, inter-channel phase coherence and sample accurate stretching which allows for sharp transients and crystal clear vocals.

Elastique Efficient. Elastique Efficient gives you similar time-stretching quality as Elastique Pro, but with a lower CPU hit. The algorithm is targeted at complex polyphonic signals like complete mixes and offers the same transient preservation as Elastique Pro.

Same as Online. Uses the same choice as the Online field.

• Like 1