I am an "adult entertainer"

bitflipper

11 minutes ago, craigb said:

I'd say the stretch is calling some of those who patronize those bars "adults." 😁

Well, they usually start the evening as adults and then regress as the night wears on.

22 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Or you can be called an Old Fart Entertainer 😂

Although I am indeed an old fart, the people I entertain generally are not. Folks my age have better things to do than go out to bars. Like sleeping.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Folks my age have better things to do than go out to bars. Like sleeping.

Unfortunately I know that feeling first hand.  Couch usually equals sleep for me now. Before I would easily stay up and finish watching the movie while my wife fell asleep. Now it's like at what part of the movie did I fall asleep at too. ☹️

• Like 1

Man, you guys ARE old farts! 😜

I was "only" born in 1963, but I found I can easily keep up with kiddies half-my-age lately and have stayed up all night either programming or partying (no hard drugs or alcohol either) at least eight times over the last two months.  Actually, life has really turned around lately and been a lot of fun (albeit going from having nothing to do work-wise or socially, to having too much to do!  Nope, not complaining! ☺️).

Proper Energy Negates Irritating Sluggishness! 😁

• Like 4

21 hours ago, bitflipper said:

I play in a bar band. You have to be 21 to enter a bar. Therefore, everyone I entertain is an adult. Does that not make me an "adult entertainer"?

With a resume like that , it sounds like you got the makings of becoming a great musical director for The Chunk-N- Dales  🎼🎶

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, craigb said:

I was "only" born in 1963, but I found I can easily keep up with kiddies half-my-age lately and have stayed up all night either programming or partying

Sure, I was still doing that too - when I was a young piker of 60. Once when my wife was out of town I stayed up all night playing video games. 

Now, as I approach age 72, I have to manage my energy levels the same way I monitor the fuel gauge in my car. I disassembled the PA yesterday and will be packing the van today for a gig that isn't until tomorrow.  All so I can pretend to have limitless rock 'n roll energy for four hours.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

When I was 18 years old, I wasn't an adult yet, and I gigged in a strip bar. The girls were nice. They danced and took their clothes off on stage in front of us. It's a good thing the band was sitting on chairs, or my appreciation would have shown.

Anyway, you had to be 21 to enter, or 18 to work there, so I guess I've been an adult entertainer since before I was an adult.

On 4/26/2023 at 5:59 PM, craigb said:

I was "only" born in 1963, but I found I can easily keep up with kiddies half-my-age lately and have stayed up all night either programming or partying (no hard drugs or alcohol either) at least eight times over the last two months.  Actually, life has really turned around lately and been a lot of fun (albeit going from having nothing to do work-wise or socially, to having too much to do!  Nope, not complaining! ☺️).

Hello fellow Generation Joneser. B. 1961 myself, which, in keeping with the topic, makes me a "sexugenarian."

I'm going through some major upheaval in my life right now and it's good to hear from someone coming out the other side of changes in an improved state.

Merry Evenings Define Success!

On 4/28/2023 at 11:00 AM, Notes_Norton said:

I may be an adult entertainer, but I reserve the right to act immature:)

When I was 18 years old, I wasn't an adult yet, and I gigged in a strip bar. The girls were nice. They danced and took their clothes off on stage in front of us. It's a good thing the band was sitting on chairs, or my appreciation would have shown.

Hey Pinocchio ! Stop showing off " your appreciation" and sit your butt back down in the chair . You will get your chance !

The puppet show is scheduled to  start once all the nude dancers have danced their first set :Pso try to keep it in your pant's.

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

On 4/26/2023 at 8:59 PM, craigb said:

Proper Energy Negates Irritating Sluggishness! 😁

Ha! Welcome to mid life! That last boost of jiour de vivre before you crash and burn. Next up, start taking steroids and pumping iron at the gym and walk around town without a t shirt. That’ll shown them who’s boss! 

20 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Hey Pinocchio ! Stop showing off " your appreciation" and sit your butt back down in the chair . You will get your chance !

The puppet show is scheduled to  start once all the nude dancers have danced their first set :Pso try to keep it in your pant's.

Kenny

The dancers treated us like younger brothers, and there was no socializing with us or the customers after hours. The place could lose their license.

I realized the girls were hard-working, and some of them took it as an art form. Unlike the t___y bars of today, they took their time undressing. Like musicians, most of them were making a living doing what they liked to do.

One of the girls was billed with the tag line "with a million dollar wardrobe" but she didn't keep it on all that long.

All in all, for a boy of 18 years old, it was pretty much a dream job.

Notes ♫