Maschine MK2 - How to even MIDI?

Xanderfield

6 hours ago, Tony Race Graham said:

Im having some trouble configuring my Maschine MK2 into Cakewalk to do the midi stuff I want it to do. I literally have no idea what to do.

What is this so called 'MIDI Stuff' you want to do?

• Do you want to record actual audio form the machine mk2 inside your DAW?
  • Do you want to play and trigger already recorded MIDI Data form inside your DAW? 
  • Do you want to record MIDI Data and have soft synths triggering it inside your DAW?

As far as configuring it. What have you done or tried? 

• Do you have it hooked up to your PC?
  • Does your PC recognize the machine?
  • Are you trying to use the 5pin MIDI ins and outs or a USB to connect it to your PC?
  • Did you con figure the ins and out sin the DAW's preference menu?
  • Did you install all the native drivers/firmware for your PC's OS architecture? check this out - https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/maschine-setup/

CJ

Well, I want to record sounds from Maschine directly into Cakewalk. I want to use Maschine mainly for drums, like kicks, snares, 808s, things like that. The Hardware and software work just fine, its connected using a USB. The Ins and Outs are configured properly in the preferences menu. And I have all the drivers and firmware for it.

40 minutes ago, Tony Race Graham said:

Well, I want to record sounds from Maschine directly into Cakewalk.

This sounds like you want to use Cakewalk to record audio, not MIDI data.

BUT--maybe you want to (1) play the Maschine, (2) send MIDI data from the Maschine into your computer, (3) record the MIDI data in Cakewalk [not sounds, but data], and (4) have Cakewalk playback the MIDI data to the Maschine.

Maybe others can make suggestions if you specify which you are trying to do.

Steve

• Great Idea 1
  • Meh 1

I know somewhat of what your trying to do; which requires some set up in Maschine software (I haven't used Maschine like that in awhile so I would have to look at it when I get home) May I also suggest my workflow; I use Maschine stand alone and when I'm ready, I will export individual sounds out and import them into Cakewalk for mixing,arranging...etc. For me it seem easier and less taxing on CPU but I will revisit the way you're inquiring about as well.

There are a few videos on Youtube concerning setting up Maschine for that purpose.

Eric