Waves NEW! 🔥 SuperRack Performer 💻 Run Waves Plugins Live Natively on Mac or PC

cclarry

Add Waves plugins to live setups of any size, any budget: All you need is a laptop. 

Get the exact live sound you want: Run Waves plugins on a laptop connected to the mixer—no extra hardware required. 

Insert the perfect plugins for vocal tuning & FX, punchy drums, instant feedback elimination, your favorite analog-modeled chain on the mix bus—and much more. 

Make the show sound as polished as studio recordings, and empower performers to sound great anywhere. 

Now $73.96 

https://everyplugin.com/superrack-performer.html

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

I'm a huge believer in rewarding companies that treat their customers well and leaving those who don't. While Waves backed down from turning subscription only after a huge backlash,  I don't see a path to their winning over my trust or respect. For me and many others, Waves has a negative brand image. As the old saying goes, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice,  shame on me.  I'm stopping before the second time.  

The good news is that the timing to leave Waves behind couldn't be better when you consider how many high quality developers there are that are customer centric that make similar plugins and offer perpetual licenses --  and a lot have been offering deep discounts lately.  It's really isn’t very difficult to leave Waves behind.  I'm not even going to bother looking at new releases like SuperRack Performer because I'm super done with Waves. In fact, I'm going to try to replace every Waves plugin I own over time.  As it stands,  out of maybe 30 Waves plugins I own the only ones that I really use often are the Abbey Road plugins. Those are the only ones I feel are unique enough I may keep using. At least until Waves pulls another stunt like their last one. 

I am pretty sure the only stuff I won't buy "plugin" related is anything that requires iLok.

Am I stunned at what Waves did, (how stupid can you f'n be!!?) and would not have spent any more money with them had they stayed that course. 

But now that's all behind us :)

To me they are just like PA now. As long as they still sell me a license,  I may buy if I want it. Just like I do with PA. (Love me some Lindell plugins!)

• Like 2

On 4/20/2023 at 9:57 AM, smde said:

Have fun!

Thanks, but that sounds like a really convoluted workflow (nyuk, nyuk). I found it easier to just send an impulse thru the reverb and save the output as a *.wav file. It's OK for a few IR's but Waves comes with 1000's. A script is the only way to do that effectively and the only one I know of (wir2wav from github doesn't appear to work on the new files). Thus my request if anyone knows of an alternative converter.