Q-Clone by Waves make hardware EQ a plugin (No Deal)

jesse g

Hey all,

I have seen this plugin many of times before, but I never really gave it any attention until I received a message from a friend asking me if I ever used it.   Well, I recently used it and I must say, it turns my two hardware EQ's into multiple EQ plugins I can use on tracks in Cakewalk.  Test it out by downloading a demo of Q-clone from waves.

Check it out. 

The standard method of taking impulse responses we learn on the engineering course have the presupposition that  the system being measured is linear and time invariant. The problem with distortion is  that it's non linear by definition. To my knowledge Acustica has a way to overcome this in their impulse response modeled plugins. Maybe the Waves programmers are also smarter than newly graduated engineers and have a way to implement distortion sampling in Q-Clone but I don't think that's the case.

Edited by Sergio
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 10:25 PM, Sergio said:

The standard method of taking impulse responses we learn on the engineering course have the presupposition that  the system being measured is linear and time invariant. The problem with distortion is  that it's non linear by definition. To my knowledge Acustica has a way to overcome this in their impulse response modeled plugins. Maybe the Waves programmers are also smarter than newly graduated engineers and have a way to implement distortion sampling in Q-Clone but I don't think that's the case.

AFAIK the Waves Q Clone is completely linear. But I don't see that as a problem really for the intended use of capturing EQ profiles.