Audio Drop Outs & Crashing

TedPiano

Hi All,

Think this may have been covered before but I'm spending more time on tech than making music

So Using - Acer Aspire 7750 with 2.5Ghz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz with Focusrite 2i2 

Problem: CBB is frequently showing "Dropout" - not too bad because wait for a bit and start the track again and CBB kicks back in - but is still a time waster i.e. flow

Problem: Focusrite is seriously crashing creating "Dump Files" (hope I got the terminology correct) but this does require a reboot and again time, time, time wasted

So hope someone has some direction with regard to the above problems - would really love to just getting on with it

Thanks again esp scook who has been so helpful - but now not sure what to do - I can just about get something down and then go through the crash process reboot etc etc etc

All suggestions welcomed

Best

Ed

1 hour ago, TedPiano said:

Problem: CBB is frequently showing "Dropout" - not too bad because wait for a bit and start the track again and CBB kicks back in - but is still a time waster i.e

Try adjusting your audio interfaces ASIO buffers. Most likely raise them AND/OR try going into your AUD.INI file and raise the 'DropoutMsec' setting in the aud.ini file.  If its too low, it can cause a lot of drop outs that in normal circumstances, may not happen